Chapter X: Unanswered Questions

The flat doesn't seem less than a five star hotel. It seems more beautiful than the last time. It has been months since I came here. Every time I come, it looks clean and tidy. I wonder if he does all the cleaning because his family members come to visit us. Or it was this beautiful all the time.

Gashmir dragged me to his flat after the cold war as his daddu decided to check upon my sick self. Kudos to Shenoys.

I mean, I am not even sick.

My luggage which has my books in it was taken to Gashmir's room and I have no intentions to unpack it at midnight. I didn't bring any clothes as I already have some in the little corner of his big closet. Prepared for any surprise visit from our parents. Genius aren't we?!

I don't even know why we are trying this hard to____ save this marriage?! Let everybody know that we aren't into it and break the things off.

While Gashmir being busy doing God knows what, I take it upon myself to complete my sleep. I don't bother to change clothes. Oh, and this time I did not risk coming in my nightwear. So, yeah, I'm sleeping with my jeans on. I got that tired after dealing with Gashmir Shenoy.

Also, he always made me take the couch in his room. The reason I didn't bother changing my clothes. Cause I knew, if he comes before I fell asleep he'll never let me sleep on this bed. And after falling asleep God helps Gashmir to force me out of this bed. Being a sleepy head wasn't my fault but a God's gift. I may got kidnapped and won't do anything about it while asleep.

Sleep comes to me easily but the jerk can't bear it. He shook me, making me groan, "Go away and let me sleep in peace."

"You're sleeping in my bed." Gashmir states as a matter of fact.

His tone went unnoticed by my sleepy self. I hummed sleepily, hugging the comforter more to me, "yeah. Thanks, it's very soft."

"I'm not saying you can sleep in my bed." The reply came instantly from him.

In my sleepy state the only words fell on my ears are you can sleep in my bed. I feel thankful to him for that. Before sleep completely took over me, I showed my gratitude towards my secret husband, "thank you Gashmir for being so sweet."

☆☆☆

It takes me a moment to realize that I was not in my hostel room, rather in a very soft, comfy bed. I frowned as I took in the unfamiliar but familiar surroundings still wrapped in the comforter. I've been here before?!

Shit!! The forgotten events from the last night played through my mind. My eyes widened with the sudden realization that I was in Gashmir's bed and dead meat for breakfast. I jerk myself out of his bed and those comfy sheets. I haven't slept on his bed before, I swear, because I know he'll explode if he has someone sleeping on his bed. But the plan I planned yesterday had me succeed in that. I have known this man for almost eighteen months now and the only thing I'm certain about him is that he has a thing for his bed. Really. At our wedding night he was glaring at me for even looking at his bed. Psychic, right?!

I always wonder what would happen if I ever fell asleep on his bed. However, this mystery will be exposed in no time now. Blame my curiosity for the idiotic things I do.

God, what was I thinking planning my death. I cursed my sleep for this. Now, I again have to go through Satan's wrath.

Slowly, yet cautiously, I walk out of the room bare feet. I frown, when I find the flat eerily quiet. Even after the stunt I pulled last night, I dare to peek inside each room. I am hungry as I hadn't ate my dinner last night. I want food. I've to do something to find the owner. But how can I assert my right to someone else's flat? I have not forgot my manners.