Chapter XXIV: Family Drama Part II

On the dining table I ignored the lingering eyes on me, solely focusing on my breakfast. The conversation was going on between the elders, as I have no idea if I should participate. Oh, my first family breakfast and all, you know.

Armaan Jha was on my left and Ahana Jha on my right. I literally felt like a little child sitting in between her parents. And they are continuously adding dishes to my plate. Dare I refuse, they get started, 'you eat too less' 'look at your health' 'you look so weak 'eat a little more 'Oh you don't like my food' and what not. People give me a break. Do they want me dead by putting that much food in my stomach?!

Armaan Jha papa wiped his hand, then cleared his throat before speaking, "we are taking Keya with us and will be leaving today." 

Bewildered, I looked at him. Empty spoon in my hand and food unchewed in my mouth. He did not spare me a look before continuing, "we want to celebrate this moment." He smiled a little, "we want the world to know we have got our daughter back. We will____" 

"I am not going anywhere." I declared. That turned every eye on me. I explained further, "I am going back to Delhi. I have a college to attend."

"You have a kidnapper to kidnap you again." Armaan Jha mumbled. He turned to look at me. Frown decorated his face as he spoke, "you do realize that wretch of a woman was freely roaming. She fled away and she can get you again. I can not risk it."

"Do you think I am a child?! I am not two anymore." I mumbled. 

"Two or twenty. You are still a child." Armaan Jha deadpanned. And I felt like pulling my hair out. Why was he exaggerating it?! Do all parents behave like this?! Or is it because they found me after so long that they don't want to risk anything?!

"So, basically you don't want me to pursue a degree," I threw that casually as if I wasn't accusing him. On the other hand I was. 

"Are you accusing me?!" As he said I smiled looking at my plate. I thought nobody caught it as I fixed it with a blank look. But a little lifting of my eyes made me realize that two more pairs had witnessed it. Gashmir and Era.

Gashmir narrowed his eyes as Era was glaring daggers at me. Hey bhagwan, what was that witch's problem now?! I rolled my eyes at them and turned to my father. 

"Ofcourse not," I replied to lessen his frown which was still attached to his beautiful face. Oh, my father looks totally admiring for his age. He was an actor afterall. "But I have to attend college to get a degree. I can't sit home thinking that I could get kidnapped."

Ahana Jha put her hand on mine, "accepted. But___"

"She can live with me." Yuvaan Jha's offer left me speechless. Why everyone was acting stupid?! Or are they really stupid was beyond my imagination. He continues, "infact it's the safest solution."

"That's wonderful," Armaan Jha had this huge grin plastered over his face. "Why didn't I think of this earlier?!"

"Excuse me but I refuse. I can't live with so many boys," I tried to reason with them. That's like ewww!