Chapter XVII: Baffled senses

The shining material on the table caught my attention. It's familiarity confused me. Narrowing my eyes I observed it closely. It's ___ it's Sakash's invention which he made for me. I reached to take it but before that it vanished in the air. Followed by a voice, "Uh uh not so fast."

Looking up I saw Shesha the snake examining the piece. That bitch. I clenched my fists harder to control my growing rage. Was she the one who offered more money to Sakash for that piece of invention?! Was the first thought entered my mind. For what, though?! Also, does she have any idea what to do with that?!

"It looks clean." As expected she doesn't have an idea what to do with that. Shesha continues, "so, I heard the piece is in demand. I jumped in and won it. But you know I don't know anymore what to do with this."

I lost my control and was about to launch myself on her. Before that I was hoisted up in the air and held back. That doesn't stop me from biting back my words, "you hitch, you didn't win. Like a stealer, you stole it."

Her laugh made me want to punch her. But the hands around my stomach held me back. I was struggling to get free.

"I didn't steal it. I paid for it. I bought it with money, babes." Shesha the snake snarled. Which has me riled up more. So, it was her for whom Sakash vended our friendship.

Tears of anger threatened to roll out of my eyes. I sucked the inner of my cheeks. I am a second away from bursting out.

"Leave me," I said struggling, to whoever was holding me.

"Not when you're about to start a WWE match," I relax, hearing the familiar voice of Kanan. The struggling stops, as of his hold on me. I don't know when he gets close enough to hold me like this. Neither have I got any idea of him knowing about my intentions.

How did he know that I was going to hit her?!

We have gained an audience so far to witness our fight. Ofcourse, with the rolls and cameras to telecast it. Not this again. Why there have to be so many disadvantages of mobile cameras?!

Not with the intention to embarrass my family again, I decided to cut it short. "I promise, I won't. You can free me now." I mumbled to Kanan. Being the stubborn ass as he was, he didn't.

"You don't convince me, Reddy." Kanan's reply made me huff in annoyance. Did he expect me to teleport us to another planet to convince him?! Huh?!

"Let me go and I'll show you." I muttered.

"Very convincing, Reddy. Very convincing." He chided me. Ugh! What am I, a five year old child?!

"I will walk straight through that door once you free from your hold," I groaned. And I did. As soon as he retracted his hands on my stomach, I strudded out.

☆☆☆

The story about the project piece Sakash created for me, which Shesha kind of stole, was a sensation today. Almost every student knows and I again have become the talk of the town. Oh. The catch was that I cheated on my boyfriend with Gashmir. And as revenge he sold that piece to Shesha. The satisfaction they have with their story. Some fictional writers we got.

"You have some really nice friends." Diya snickers, sitting on her bed. My glare doesn't work on her as she continues, ignoring it, "some lucky girl you are, damn."

Not wasting another second I got up and went out of the room. My room was my hiding spot as Diya was out most of the time. But today she was so abundant to do the opposite, giving me her time of the day. Uh_ huh. She wasn't worried about me. Infact she was enjoying it to her fullest. Commenting and tormenting on my abilities to make friends. Well, what can I say, she was one of them.