Chapter XXXI: Not so Smart

We three studied and ordered dinner. After dinner Kanan and I started to pack to leave for the hostel. Why Kanan lives in the hostel is still a mystery?!

"Gash, we are leaving." Kanan declared after we were done with our packing.

Gashmir shifted his attention to us, knitted his brows as if he didn't understand a word Kanan said. He was that involved in the topic. Kanan repeated what he said earlier to which Gashmir reacted unexpectedly, "where to?!"

Oh god! "To hostel, Gashmir." Kanan dumbfounded him.

"She can't go. I am yet to solve her doubts. If you want you can stay too." Gashmir replied. Kill me now! He won't let it go until he is done with it.

Kanan surrendered himself, raising his hands up in the air, "Nah, I am done with today's study. My brain can't take more than that. You both can continue."

"Whatever. I'll drop Keya at the hostel." Gashmir shifted his attention to books after replying. As I glared at Kanan. The jerk has the audacity to wink before leaving.

A sigh escaped my lips. Done with my today's studies, I began to play games on my mobile. Gashmir was busy understanding the topic that Kanan told him I was having difficulty with. Which I don't. Nonetheless I couldn't tell that to him or Kanan would reveal my stupid acts. 

So I had zipped my mouth. However, looking at my poor baby who has made it a mission and really was having trouble solving it for me. I couldn't keep quiet. Cause he won't quit until it's solved. 

I was about to spill our mischief, but before that I saw his face brightened. He looked like he had solved some national treasure maps. He tossed the pen aside, his tensed shoulders relaxing a bit, then he breathed. He shooted me an extremely annoying smirk, saying, "Well, that was challenging." With all smugness he continued, "come let me show you."

He pointed me space next to him. Rolling my eyes I got up and sat beside him. He began to explain the concept he worked so hard on. I should pay attention atleast for the efforts he had put in. Only I wasn't. As I was busy staring at him. Ogling maybe?!

After explaining the concept, Gashmir with excitement looked at me. Gone was the excitement on his face, replaced with a frown. The moment I realized that he caught me checking him, I avertedmy gaze. I scratched the back of my neck, embarrassed probably for being caught. God, I am such an idiot.

"Did you understand?!" Gashmir asked. To which I nodded wordlessly. 

"Explain__," he demanded.

And like an idiot I am, I explained. Not bothering to know if Gashmir has explained the whole concept to me or part of it. I wasn't aware that he hadn't. Also that exposed our little secret. That I never had the doubt in this topic to begin with.

He stayed quiet, letting me fool myself. After I was done he maintained the silence. Which irked me more. I looked up from the book, turned to him, only to have his gaze fixed on the book. Creases formed on my forehead for not understanding the situation until it clicked me. Warily, I followed his gaze on the book and gulped the lump in my throat as the situation dawned on me.