Chapter XII: Unexpected relations

Shout out for awesome reader Papulo. Thanks for your lovely, encouraging words. I couldn't ask for more. Also, thanks to my each and every reader. Hope you all enjoy this chapter.

I craned my neck, rubbing it slightly, it hurts as a consequence of weird poses I tried last night on the couch. How can one find comfort while sleeping on a couch?! Nobody can. If it wasn't for Gashmir fetish over his bed, I wouldn't have gotten this pain. He has to pay for making me go through every single hecking thing during this marriage.

Walking into the kitchen I saw Uncle Shenoy dressed in a tailored business suit. Wasn't it like seven thirtyish in the morning?! Where was he going this early?!

"Good morning," he wished, grinning widely. His contagious smile makes me smile too. He was the brightest of all Shenoys. He passed me a mug with coffee, I shook my head in no. I don't drink tea or coffee. If it wasn't of Chao Mao.

"Where are you going this early?!" I asked, taking a seat beside him.

"To make some money." He replied. Infamous in the business world, Shenoy is one of the richest families in India. They are known for their remarkable textile business all over India.

"As if you don't have enough." I mumbled, but his laugh was proof that he heard me. God, these rich people and their hunger for money.

"Doesn't stop me from making more." I could hear the pride in his voice for his work in the industry.

"What after you?! You know, Gashmir won't be taking your business any further. Looking at his choice of career." I stated, genuinely.

Being curious one never helped me, neither refrained me from asking stupid questions or saying unnecessary. As a result, inviting trouble on myself. Why couldn't I keep my mouth shut, keeping my thoughts to myself?!

"Are you turning my father against me?!" Gashmir's voice from behind startles me. I turned back, saw him and daddu in track suit. It looks like they are both back from a morning walk or jog. I can understand that Gashmir has to stay fit, he is an actor after all. However, old man seems to be a health freak. Otherwise what does the man his age need to go for?! Huh. Explains his never dying health.

I spotted three pairs of eyes on me, observing silently. That moment I realized all the color left my face. It came out wrong. So wrong, it dreaded me the damage my words had done. My nerves constricted at Gashmir's accusation. I would never in my dream turn his father against him.

My eyes wide, I stood from my seat, shaking my head vigorously, "No, no, no. God, no. I would never do that. I was just___ being considerate. I___," I stopped, my lips pressed in a thin line, lost in words to tell him that I don't mean any harm. The damage was done. Nothing can repair it. Or could it?!

Uncle's laughter broke the silence, lightening the situation, "Relax child, he was just pulling your legs."

I turned my gaze to Gashmir, who looked anything but joking. Eyes narrowed on me, his gaze still accusing. Then I saw daddu moving, joining Uncle to breakfast, trying to contain his smile. Then only I breathe a sigh of relief. To hell with Gashmir. Thank the God, the two old men took it well.

Gashmir turned to leave, when Uncle asked him, "told that boy not to be late. It's been a long time since I have seen him. Doesn't he miss us?!"

"Dad, you know how busy he got after being selected. You know how difficult it is for him, moreover important." Gashmir said.

"Ah. That ambitious boy." Uncle said, proudly.

I left the conversation behind about the boy, to get ready for college.

☆☆☆

As usual the lectures were tedious, so I bunked. Aj not being there didn't help either. She went to her home city, for her parents' marriage anniversary. As I had nothing to do, I came back to Gashmir's flat. Not regretting it a bit cause daddu kept me entertained.

He told me stories of their times. How he and my daddu never get along in their times. My daddu being reckless and he cautious. They were known for their enmity. They were not afraid to show their dislike among each other.

Then what made them arrange their grandchildren's marriage one will think?!

Oh! They had some unique understanding between them as per say. I don't know what that means or how that works?! The question left unanswered even today. But I enjoyed talking to him. That made me realize that he wasn't that stiff, but not as easy going as my grandpa.

We heard the doorbell but were too busy to attend. My eyes were focused on my fighter over the screen. My hands were moving so fast over the controller to keep it under control. But when you have one control freak beside you, you can't win easily. And I'm talking about daddu Shenoy.

I introduced him to COD, taught him tricks and strategies out of goodness and now he was making it freaking hard for me to win. Ugh! He can't beat me to shame. It's COD we are talking about.

And__

"Yasssss" I screeched, really hard. Throwing the controller over the couch, I jumped up and down, "take that old man, you can't beat everyone."

All these things, I could never say before. But the way my day spent with him today made me realize something. I won't treat Jyotiraditya Shenoy as a businessman. Cause somewhere deep in that business mind, was a heart left unbothered. If my daddu could trust him, why couldn't I, right?! Keeping those fears aside, I once again with a smug face, said, "don't lose hope oldy, practice and you will win someday."

With that I turned to leave to let that old man weep alone. However, the events turn the table on me. My walking ceased as my eyes came out of its socket. My jaw hung low as I got the shock bigger than centre fresh chewing gum can give.

I was so engrossed in the task that I didn't notice that someone had entered. Zeroing my eyes on the unexpected visitor I saw similar features as someone I knew even before I knew my secret husband. Someone unexpected, whom I was avoiding and failed awfully.

No, he can't be him. They might look similar. But he can't be him. My mind was fighting his own battle. Refusing to accept whatever was in front of me.

"Son, meet Keya, Gashmir's wife." Uncle Shenoy being the sunshine, chirped, unaware of the tension in the flat. My expressions became even more horrified.

Immediately, I looked to Gashmir who was blankly staring at my horrified expressions. Doesn't he have a problem with Uncle disclosing our relationship like that. Why wasn't he doing anything?!

And what son?! How?! They have different surnames for God's sake. Who was he to Gashmir?! Was the only thought banged my mind. The question got answered and left me dumbfounded.

"Keya, child, meet Gashmir's cousin, Kanan."