Chapter XXXVI: Their Destiny

"Leave, Keya." Saying that he left for his room.

I stood stunned as I saw Gashmir disappear  from my eyesight. With a soft thud he closed his door upstairs. Few minutes passed by, however, I didn't move. I couldn't believe what my ears heard. Only when my phone rang did I get my senses back. Pocketing out my mobile I checked the caller ID. Swiping up, I answered the call.

"Keya, where are you?! I saw Gashmir mad when he left. What had Kabir said that got him riled up?! Where is Gashmir?! Are you both together?! Why isn't he answering my calls?!" Were the questions I got bombarded with, as Kanan hollered worried. 

"Kanan, calm down. Gashmir and I are at his flat. And no, Kabir didn't rile him up. It was me. Somehow I managed to piss him off." I stated, as I fixed my gaze up at the ceiling. I bit my lip, as I endeavoured to tell Kanan what happened afterwards.

"K, listen. Don't blame yourself. I'm certain it has nothing to do with you. It's between those two dickheads." Though Kanan tried to be assertive, it didn't put me at ease. How could he when he doesn't know the thing that had taken place here. 

"Kanan, if I ask you, will you answer me honestly?! Unbiased." I mumbled over the phone. The line went silent. I check if he has ended the call. But he hasn't. 

I know, Kanan isn't the best person to discuss this matter with. He is the cousin of the person I was about to discuss. Neutral opinion shouldn't be expected. But at the time he was the only person reliable and trustworthy. If not him then who would understand?! 

"Why am I suspecting something relatable to Kashmir. Oh, I mean Gashmir." He tried to joke, lighten up my mood. Receiving my silence he heaved a breath, "Ok, shoot."

"If a person constantly tells you to leave them alone. But, somehow they don't mean that. I guess that's what they feel. What will you do?! Will you just leave them?!" I let my puzzle out for him.

Walking up to the sofa I sat there and massaged my temple with my free hand as I waited for Kanan's reply. He began, hesitant, "Look K, I root for you both. But there are certain things you don't know about Gashmir. When you find those things about him, I'm not sure if you will stay. Not that anyone will force you to. But don't say we didn't warn you."

"You brothers love to talk in puzzles, huh." I silenced him. "Why don't you answer straight forward like a normal person. I ask you a simple question. But no, you have to complicate everything. He says to leave me then hold me tight like I am the only person he needs in his life. Then he shouts that I should have left when I had the time. And to contrast that he says I won't let you back off. What is the actual thing he wants?! And why can't he say that out loud?!" I huffed looking at the stairs as if I knew Gashmir was listening to my conversation with Kanan. I hope he was.

I rested my head on the sofa as I stared at the ceiling. I was breathless after I finished rambling. Silence falls over as we both don't speak. Only my labored breathing could be heard. Suddenly, something clicked me. And the words that left my mouth weren't much surprising, "I am not leaving."

How could I?! If I could not leave after he behaved rudely. Then how could I when I knew he was that vulnerable inside. Though he didn't show he had some scars unattended. And he hadn’t moved on from them. Or was unable to move on. And I, being the great Keya, want to help him. Afterall, a broken person can understand another broken person's pain.