Chapter XXVIII: Mix N Jinx

"That," Diya pointed to a tall guy who was looking quite adorable. Atleast from back as it was the only thing visible to us.

"I don't even understand the need behind this," Aj muttered looking up at me.

We three were hiding behind a wall. Our faces were the only thing that were peeking out. My head was in the middle, above my head was Diya's, below was AJ's. Right now, we could be perfectly defined as creepy.

I slowly withdrew my head, and with hands up in the air exaggerated, "this is ridiculous."

My both friends stared at me, one with concern, the other amused. Ofcourse, nobody needs to be told who reserves which role.

"You can still drop it," Aj said with a frown itching her face. She bit her lips, looked at Diya from the corner of her eyes before adding, "just choose the alternative."

Diya let out an evil laugh as I glared at both. "It's going to be so much fun," with the mischief in her eyes, Diya led her thoughts out.

Undoubtedly she found it entertaining. There was no way for an alternative. It's more ridiculous. I will rather repeat the given task thousand times and embrace myself than to be Diya's slave even for a second.

"To hell with this," I muttered, gathering enough courage, I stepped out of our hidden spot. I took a few steps towards the target and turned to them. I threw a reassuring smile to Aj who had a worried look on her face. Then narrowed my eyes at the culprit herself and rolled my eyes. Her smirk grew further as she winked at me.

Taking a deep breath I cheered myself. With confidence I walked towards our new professor. Right, professor.

The scenario was like we were playing cards last night and were short on money. So we thought why not twist the game with something exciting. The loser will have to grant the winner's wish. We should have thought before agreeing on that. Cause the winner we got at the end was Diya. And that was what I was doing. Fulfilling her wish.

Her wish?! It was a simple task. I have to go to our new professor, who I hear is pretty young and say, 'I want to give that ugly face a chance.' You get it. It's as simple as it could be. I only have to embrace myself infront of my new professor and be in their bad book. Cause my roommate was jealous of my goody two shoes image.

Nah! Diya isn't that bad. She is too generous to offer me an alternative. I can keep my image clean infront of my professors. For that I just have to slave her for a week. Isn't she great?! Yeah, thanks.

Mix and jinx. The game I named it. Cause that's what it did. We mixed cards and truth and dare game and it has jinxed my life once again.

My heart accelerates as I approach the professor. No, it wasn't due to the task I have ahead. It's because he looks familiar. It can't be him. I hear their flirtatious conversation as I walk closer.

"It's harder before but when you explained I never thought it could be this easy."

"Yeah, your skills are just amazing."