Chapter XXXIX: Missing?!

Gashmir's POV:

Kanan shook his head in no as I watched him enter, and I felt like experiencing my worst nightmare. Quietly, he sat beside me and him sighing frustrated. It felt like he was about to cry. He was always more sensitive than me. Losing his parents at an early age might have done that to him. But I couldn't blame him this time.

The fear of losing something precious never occurred to me before. Not even when I entered the drama industry. Cause I knew I had it all under control. Take it from the family to skills I got it all. Since I was a child, I didn't have to ask for anything. I was provided more than I could dream of.

Until, my grandfather decided to marry me to a stranger out of nowhere. No, a weirdo. Definitely, a weirdo. And I was talking about Keya Reddy. Yeah, that's what I thought of her.

The memory of the day we got married was still engraved on my mind as fresh as if it was yesterday. Her tear stained face didn't hide the shock she received on listening to her grandfather's wish. I would have laughed if it wouldn't have been me who had to get married.

I was god damn angry and had refused to hang my life on some dying man's wish. I shouldn't have this kind of opinion but I hadn't even known him till that day. And Keya.

I refused to which my grandfather threatened me with my career. Ofcourse, I didn't take that seriously, but within two days I saw all my hardwork going in disdain. The producers were taking back all the adverts and series I was assigned to. The old man was upto it. If he wanted it he had it. By hook or crook. And he wanted me to obey.

And I did.

With all the hate and anger towards the dying man and his granddaughter I agreed. Cause I was left with no other choice. But with the promise to ruin it for her. Sue me, that the old man's heart wasn't functioning properly at eighty something of age.

No, I ain't heartless. Rather I would call myself practical. People need to understand that life has it. If you are born you are meant to die someday. That doesn't mean you will ruin others' lives by wishing for something ridiculous.

My career was on edge even before it began.

I started to plan Keya's destruction even though I knew it wasn't her fault. But she was the one for whom the dying man proposed the idea. I was too furious to accept my marriage. Without a thought, in rage, I took those shots with the help of Kanan.

And I will regret ever doing that till my death. I wished to have an undo button in life. There are so many things I want to change that I did when I grew up. And topmost was the two videos I ever took.

It wasn't my first time. No. I did something similar in my teens. Not for me but for my best friend. It wasn't this intense but whatever I did back, it was wrong. I should have learnt from that however I repeated the crime.

I'm fucking criminal. And I will accept whatever punishment Keya would like for me. For that she needed to come back from wherever she was hiding.

"Where do you think she could leave?! She should have kicked us instead of hiding. Fuck, she should have put me in the jail and charged third degree." Kanan groaned. We have been searching for Keya for three days now. And hadn't had a single clue to where she could have been.

She didn't go to Uncle Armaan. And talking to him doesn't feel like he knows the whole truth behind the video. He knows who spread the video. But he didn't know that it was I, who was his daughter's real culprit.

"Gashmir, what if she wasn't hiding. What if___" before he could finish I cut him.

"Finish that and I won't hesitate to commit another crime," I grumbled. Picking my car keys I went for another search. The situation was actually worse than it looked like. But I was adamant to not point it out.

Now that Kanan was about to voice it out, I realized the deepness of the danger. I am grateful to Kanan for that. So, I didn't argue when Kanan took the key from me and revved the engine saying, "You are in condition to drive safely."

The person who spread that video was also missing. It didn't fit well with the situation but one can hope for the best. Urgency of the situation drowned upon me. I don't know what came to me when I said, "Take the root to the airport. We are going to Mumbai."

The calmness Uncle Armaan showed when I dropped the bomb of missing Keya was bothersome. He isn't the kind of person who will remain quiet in such situations. And when the daughter who he found after those many years he wouldn't. He shouldn't. Heck, even Shesha panicked when she found out Keya went missing.

She hid it well, her reasons, but I guessed it. I couldn't say a word to anyone as it was I who was the culprit in the first place. If I hadn't had shot the video it wouldn't have caused this ruckus.

I watched Delhi traffic fading behind as Kanan drove with the speed that can cause us our life. I didn't complain. I will sacrifice a thousand lives for the safety of the love of my life.

Love of my life.

It took me long enough to realize that. And when I realized I didn't have the guts to confess. How could I have?! Knowing too well the mess I weaved for myself. I have to come clear of all mistakes, which now seem like crimes. Never have I had the guts to fucking tell her. Cause I knew it would be my end. She will be my end.

When I knew I couldn't deny that I was falling for her anymore, I chose another route. I created misunderstandings between us, which she cleared well. Even though I knew it was I who was the cause of the root I fidget innocence.

I knew Diya Shah knew about our marriage before Keya clarified. She was an old, what should I say, friend___uhh, it sounds weird. Acquaintance, maybe the close to correct word to name our relationship.

I caused the drama thinking Keya might quit. And leave me. I wanted her out, so that I could blame her, hate her. It wasn't her responsibility to hide the marriage from the world. I would have kicked my partner for demanding such a thing. But my baby did that for me.

She didn't leave, even when she divorced, she didn't. She even divorced me to save my career. She did it all for me, without asking anything in return. Every single time, making me fall harder for her. And I always wondered until when, until she found the monster I was. So, I allowed myself to be in my angel's presence.

I restrained my love for the monster that I was trying to hide from her. Now that he was out and was in front of her, I wouldn't. I warned her about the mess in my life and told her to leave. She had the chance but she choose to stay.

Now she can't hide.