Chapter XVIII: Take it or Leave it

Is it bad to miss someone even if they don't have much of a role in your life?! Like your secret husband. It's that void I feel that I can't explain. For the past several weeks we were on each other's throats, fighting then fixing. Boom! Then he evaporates like a vapor in summer.

Initially Gashmir was the one to cause the turbulence. The one with the kissing scene. But in the last encounter I summoned him, fixing that for myself. Did that do the trick?! Hallelujah. Even though it was for a while, Gashmir succeeded. I didn't feel as terrible about the whole Sakash- Shesha fiasco.

Feeling grateful I wanted to thank him. Only to came to know he left for the shooting of Fighting the Wicked. And it's been long since then. Almost three weeks. Does shooting for a series takes that much time?! Why am I bothered by that was beyond confusing?!

Sighing, I toss my legs out of bed and walk to my cupboard. I began rummaging through my clothes to find something to wear tonight. My life has become plain now that my nagging husband was out of picture. I should breathe in relief, should party. However, I'm feeling empty, null. And that's so disturbing. Like what the fuck?!

So, obviously, when Diya offered to take my mind off it. Without blinking I told her that I was in. Now, here I am contemplating whether I made the right choice. Cause that roommate of mine is a disaster. And her offering something should be as disastrous. Whatever. I won't be alone in this as I was dragging in Aj with me.

As catastrophic as the plans were, I hope I get to enjoy it. Not that I know any.

☆☆☆

I chugged down the second glass of water and was actually feeling somewhat dizzy. Like I said the plans were as catastrophic as I thought. That roommate of mine took us to this night club to have fun. Though why I was practically finding it difficult to have fun, was beyond my intelligence?!

First, I don't drink and wasn't planning to have any tonight. Second, I don't know how to dance that type of dance they were dancing in the club. The only dance I ever did was 'bhangra'. Third, the crowd, the lights, the music everything was so disturbing. Fourth, how will I enjoy it if I complain this much tonight?!

Why was my throat getting dry again and again?! I shoved another glass of water in my mouth. Ugh! Was the club less on water?! Why were they serving water in little glasses?!

Sometime later_____

Was that glass of water had 'bhang' mixed in it?! Looking as I was enjoying too much, of glass after glass. Noise was long gone story that I wasn't hearing loud music it anymore. The crowd and strangers wasn't bothering me now. I've been talking to three different guys past hour. Or was that one guy?! It was difficult to differentiate due to darkness around.

"So?! You are telling me, you're married?!" The stranger asked. I nodded. Shouldn't I be keeping it a secret?! Then why I'm not?!

"Where is your husband?!" He asked to which I shrugged. Which was the truth. I really don't know where Gashmir was?!

I sigh, "he doesn't tell me. Anything. Where he goes?! What he does?! Nothing. He keeps me out. And if I try to___ to get involved," I scrunch my nose, before continuing, "he threatens me to make me regret marrying him."

I was feeling light. Lightheaded. Not sure, was it due to the magic water?! Or the secrets I was sharing to this stranger?!

"Sounds like a douche." stranger's reply made me laugh. Well, he wasn't that bad. Considering, he was even listening to my nonsense. "We don't have to talk about him if it makes you sad. Why don't we dance?! You will feel better." He smiled. And I had this urge not to deny him. Then again, I don't have to. Why don't I let go of myself tonight?!

"Not promising anything but if you want tonight can be your night. It depends on you. Take it or leave it." Diya's words rushed my mind. Before coming here she gave me this serious advice. At that time I just rolled my eyes. But now, I understand what she meant.

Without giving much thoughts, hesitantly I mumbled, "if you could do bhangra, then count me in."

He laughed. Jumping off the stool, he offered me his hands, throwing a wink, "fun begins."

I got awe struck at this good-looking stranger as he lead the way. He didn't ran off by my actions. I bet, if it was Gashmir in his place, he wouldn't have thought twice before leaving me. Probably, excusing with the reputation reasons. Again, why am I thinking about that idiot?! I'm not suppose to think about him.

Dancing with Kabir was a distraction. Really. No, we didn't do bhangra all the time. But he has got these incredible moves. Smooth. He was really smooth. I wish Gashmir one percent to be like him. But that was something vain.

I returned to where we were sitting after some time. That was too much dancing for tonight. I was grinning like an idiot. I never thought that clubbing could be this fun. Well atleast with guy like Kabir.

"Having fun?!" Diya asked. Though she hadn't checked upon me all night wasn't bothersome anymore. As I got my own company. And truthfully, I was thankful she didn't. I wouldn't have met Kabir.

I nodded, "thanks to you?!"

She was about to say something but got interrupted by vibration of her mobile. She stared, confused at her mobile screen, before answering. She looked at me and said something. It was hard to hear due to music. Unknowingly, I was bobbing my head to music, still feeling like dancing. But too tired to actually dance.

I waved my hand to Kabir, when he came to my vision, as he danced with some girl. Didn't he feel tired by all the dancing?! Boys and their energy. I turned to Diya as I felt her tapping on my shoulder. She held the mobile, saying, "Your annoying husband was asking for you."

Stunned. That's what I was before my heart began thumping like a madman. Why disturb me now, after all those weeks?! When I was having fun. No, I am not complaining.

Taking the mobile, I held it close to my ear, not speaking into it. Pretty excited and nervous at the same time. Why did he call after abandoning for weeks?! "You are at a club." His voice was small over the loud music. How?! Right, Diya must have informed him. "And you've switched your mobile off. What were you thinking?!"

"Well___ I'm having fun." I announced, ignoring him.

I heard him sigh on the other side, "you should have taken care while having fun." He doesn't sound mad. How so?! Whatever.

I laughed, "where's the fun in that."

"Ok. Meet me outside?! I'm on my way to the club," he told me.

I squealed, completely ignoring the part where he asked me to meet outside. Excited that he was joining me. "Gashmir, you should really try this magic water they sell in these little cute glasses here." I scrunch my nose, remembering the taste "though it's a little tasteless." I warned him.

"I'm not coming inside," his words had downed my enthusiasm a little. However, I refused to ruin my night for that. Already knowing him. At least he was coming to get me. That counts for something, right?!