Chapter XXXIV: Pent Up Feelings

I also have updated chapter 33 before this one. Read that first.

I never lied when I said that trouble finds its way upto me. I don't need to struggle for that. It was just like in the frozen movie, where the ice queen touches you and you turn into ice. In my case, I choose a person, no. My luck connects me to some random person and that person has some kind of conflict with Gashmir. 

First, it was Diya who found out about our little secret. It took me some time but I realized that Gashmir wasn't mad because of the revelation of our secret marriage. But he was mad that the person who caught the secret was Diya. And now, a stranger named Kabir.

I don't know anything about the person standing infront of me. My first thought, when I looked at him, was that he was attractive. When he came to me, talked, I found him intriguing. Then he began the perplexing talk, I found him a bit scary. But he was nothing but comforting to me. And that was my mistake to believe that he was influential. 

The thing about some influencers was that when you start to believe in them they will abandon you at the exact time. To make you feel how stupid you were. That was what had happened. 

The smugness was written all over his face. And for some reason he embellished those things when he narrated what I had done that night with him. 

Well, I guess the reason behind that, the stranger, Kabir and my ex-husband Gashmir were not in each other's good books. For that reason he surely had done a great job pissing off the person. How?!

Ohh! I could sense the havoc rising behind me. How the sea waves stir and collide with the shore with a force. I was experiencing that kind of force from behind and I don't exaggerate.

Casting my nerves aside, I uncertainly yet slowly turned to face Gashmir. And boy was the site thrilling. His stiff posture completely declares his temper. Though his face held no single emotion, his eyes told another story. His visible veins in forearm ascertained his clenched fist, alerting that he was holding himself back. Any small thing and he will erupt. He won't be able to control his fierceness that was clear. 

Without a word, he stormed out of the place, leaving me cold. I followed him out without anticipating the outcomes. Despite knowing what it would result into. But I had to. How could I not, when he was that mad?! 

"Gashmir," I called for him, as he marched his way into the college lawns. He would have heard me, any deaf person would have, my voice was that high, but he didn't care to listen. 

Anyways, I was stubborn. So, I ran after him, I can't let him drive this mad. I cared for him too much to let him go distraught. I will prefer his wrath over his harm, anytime. I ran with whatever energy I possessed in my body. On reaching him, I grabbed his forearm but he jerked it with immense force that shocked me to core. 

I don't let that hurt me. I understand he was mad. Certainly, when he turned to walk away, I again tried to reach him. Apparently, sensing my intentions, he turned so fast that halted me in my steps and growled, "Do not touch me."