nine

Sawyer was studying as her friends and sister where studying and talking. The young Hastings was actually trying to study as she listened to them. "What about Swayer?"

"Say what?" Sawyer said as she looked at them. "What about me?"

"You haven't even dated." Hanna said. "You need to find yourself a boyfriend.'

Sawyer rolled her eyes and grabbed her things. "I shall not listen to this. I have to study and plus, I'm not even looking." She replies.

Spencer watched her sister walk away and looked at them. They sighed as they knew Sawyer wasn't worried about boyfriends at the moment. Hanna knew what type Sawyer would like, but she wasn't going to say a word about it.
~~~
The next day, Sawyer walked in listening to her mom. "Spencer, I'm going to tell you now. Mom is going to be slightly judge mental towards Alex." Sawyer said. "Speaking of Alex."

Spencer turned and kissed him as Sawyer turned to look at Aria. "The test is still on. Rosewood students will have to register in the library."

"Half of the school isn't here yet." Hanna replies.

"We saw this huge tree down on Sawmill road, and they've already closed off York Street." Veronica says.

Sawyer saw Wilden walk over to them and told them why the road was closed because Alison's memorial was destroyed and now it was under investigation. Sawyer walked away with her sister and friend. "Who would do that?" She asked as they went to the library.
~~~
Sawyer listened to her sister and friends talk about about Toby, A, and the memorial. "I just don't get it unless someone was pissed off at Ali and knowing she's gone, they had to find a way to take that anger out."

"Wow." Aria said looking at her.

"What? Its the best logic of why."

"Emily, hey, where've you been." Hanna said as Sawyer looked at her friend.

"Yeah, why weren't you at Spencer's last night?" Aria asked.

Emily started explaining why she was late. When Hanna told her what she missed, Emily told them that she heard. Sawyer saw Janice. "Janice." She said as Emily's cousin sat down. "You look tired."

"Studying all night and not enough sleep." Janice says as she looked at her cousin. "I'm taking a nap. Wake me up when I'm needed."

Sawyer rolled her eyes as Aria walked out because of her mom. The girls looked back at one another wondering what was up. Sawyer didn't care as she pulled her book out and started reading.
~~~
In the library, the announcement for the test was starting soon. She was writing down something when Wilden walked over. "Sorry about the memorial. I know how hard you girls worked on it." Sawyer looked up at him as she wondered why he was there. "Shocking though, tight, something like that could happen out in the open and nobody saw anything?"

"Well, everybody here was probably studying for the exam that we're about to take." Spencer says. "So you might wanna look for eyewitnesses somewhere else."

"So you were all studying together last night, then?" Wilden asked.

"Yes, we were all at Spencer's." Emily says.

"All of you?"

"Yes. All of us." Aria says.

Sawyer knew something was up. "Emily, what is going on?" She asked.

"Where were you last night?" Aria asked.

I told you. I went home." Emily says.

Sawyer watched as Emily left and knew something was wrong. Her friend seemed stress and was hiding something. "Should one of us talk to her?"

"No." Sawyer says as she went back to writing. "She will tell us what is going on when she is ready."

Sawyer was doodling in Spencer typed her shoulder causing her to read the text. She looked at them worried for her friend.
~~~
Later on, Sawyer was studying when Janice sat beside her. "So when you are you going to finally start dating."

"When I find someone that likes me for me." She said as she continued to study before Janice shut her book. "Seriously?"

"Girl, you are already smart. You skipped a grade in the second grade and I think its time for you to stop with the studying all the time." Janice tells her. "Sawyer, I will find you a guy."

"You don't like men." Sawyer pointed out.

"Doesn't mean I can be their friend." She said as Sawyer gave her a look. "Okay, maybe they have to have personality."

Sawyer looked at Janice and smiled as she knew that her friend was right. She needed to start dating, but so far, no one has caught her attention she saw Janice looking at Hanna and sighed. "Janice, you need to tell her how you feel."

"I don't know..."

"I'm sure she likes you too."
~~~
Later, everyone was gathered in the locker room, but Sawyer was looking for Emily till she saw her. "Thank God, you're okay." She said. "Where have you been?"

"In the library. I didn't hear the announcement."

Sawyer nodded till Wilden came over. "Emily, I think you should come with me. I found something."

Sawyer looked at Hanna, Aria, and Spencer as they followed. Janice was wondering what was up and decided to follow so she could listen.
~~~
After their confrontation, Sawyer was waiting for her mom and Spencer. When they walked out, Sawyer saw the look on her mom's face. "What?'

"Come on and I will explain in the car." Veronica tells her.

"Is it bad?" Sawyer asked Spencer.

"No, just something she hid." Spencer said as they walked off together.