fourteen

Watching the video of Alison again had Sawyer watching closely. She saw Ian's face. She knew right there something happened, but she doesn't think that was all of it. "Welp. I'm done with that video, I'm going to bed."

"How can she sleep with him in the barn?" Aria asked.

"She ignores it." Spencer says as she watched her sister go upstairs.

The other three looked towards the stairs and wondered how this wasn't technically affecting Sawyer unless she thinks there's more.
~~~
"Spencer, I think its a terrible idea to take your laptop to the police." Sawyer said as she walked through the halls. "A could have done something to it by now."

"It's the only way for them to catch her killer, Sawyer."

Sawyer Hastings stopped as she did not just hear that. "Spencer, if you stop judging people for once and get to know them, then you'll see you were wrong." Sawyer said as she walked away, but stopped. "There is this saying that says proven till guilty."

Spencer watched her walk away as Janice walked in to see Hanna with Sean making her sigh. She hasn't gotten the chance to speak to the blonde, her cousin, and her friend. Sighing again, Janice went to help out with this dance.
~~~
After school, Sawyer walked with Hanna to hear Emily. "Hey." Sawyer says.

"Was that your mom?"

"No, Maya's prison guard at True North." Emily tells them.

"How is she holding up?" Sawyer asked.

"Wouldn't know." Emily says. "They won't let me talk to her."

"Why not?" Hanna asked. "What do they have her doing over there in those woods? Building a cabin?"

"Hanna."

"Building character." Emily says. "Now they've taken her phone away and reprogrammed it so only her parents can call. No texts, no e-mails, no nothing."

Sawyer zoned out of the conversation as she saw the new boy. "Emily, give me your phone." Sawyer said.

"What?"

"Just hand me your phone and I'll give back to you." Sawyer said. "And you can call your honey 24/7."

Emily and Hanna looked at Sawyer. "What are you looking at?'

"You mean who." Sawyer said.

Emily and Hanna looked at the new kid. "The new kid?" Emily and Hanna said.

"I don't wanna go there. I heard he's sketchy." Emily says.

"Sean gave him 20 bucks, he totally upgraded his phone." Hanna said as she heard about him too.

"More memory, new apps. He'll hook you up." Sawyer said as she held her hand out.

"I don't know his name."

"I'm don't think a 'thank you' card is what he wants, his just in it for the money." Sawyer says as she looked back at him. Hanna looked as Sawyer grabbed Emily's phone and walked over to the new kid.

"I think our Sawyer may have a crush."
~~~
Lunch came as Sawyer sat on her laptop looking through her files as she needed to delete somethings. "Hold on." Sawyer looked up to see her friends and sister. "Why is your playlist online?"

"What?" Sawyer asked as she looked to see Spencer's playlist. "I thought you had your laptop."

"I do."

Sawyer couldn't believe this was happening. She may not know the reason behind that video, but knowing that someone has that laptop means they weren't turning in the whole video in like planned. She just wanted to prove that Ian was the last one to see Alison alive.
~~~
Sawyer was dressed for the dance, but she wasn't exactly looking forward to this. She how crowded it was. Music was blaring as she was heading outside. She didn't see Caleb till she got outside. "Hey. Do you have it? Where is it?" Sawyer asked him.

Emily handed him the money making Sawyer look at him. "How much did you charge her?"

"It was a rush job." Caleb tells her. "If you give it away for free, nobody would want it." He handed Emily the phone as she walked away. "Uh, I threw in some extra ringtones on the house."

"That's considering since you charged her three times the normal ammount." Sawyer tells him.

"You have a problem? Call customer service." Caleb says.

"Okay, asshole. She was desperate and you took advatage of her." Sawyer said as she stood up to look at him better.

"Ever heard of supply and demand?"

"Always working an angle, aren't you?" Sawyer says.

"Like you're not?"

"You don't know the first thing about me, Caleb."

"No, you don't know the first thing about you." Caleb says as he walked away.

Sawyer looked inside to see Hanna looking at her phone making her wonder what was going on.
~~~
On her way back in after thinking about what Caleb told her, Sawyer was handed keys to Ian's office. She decided to just go along with it. She reached Ian's office and opened the door. Walking in, Sawyer went to the desk trying to find which key fits the desk.

Caleb was walking by when he saw Sawyer and opened the door. "Need some help with that?"

Sawyer looked up to see Caleb. "How can you help me?"

"I can pick that for you if you want."

"Could you close that door, please?"

Caleb opened the door wider. "Feeling a draft?"

"This is way too complicated for me to explain." Sawyer says.

"What's complicated? I don't live in a cave, I get it." Caleb asked. "the rich girls steal, the pretty girls lie, the smart girls play dumb. Dumb girls spend their days trying to be all the above.

"Okay." Sawyer said. "How much will it cost to get you out of here?"

Caleb looked at her with a smirk as she had him figured out.
~~~
Janice saw Sawyer and smiled. "What's up?"

"My sister had me do something that I shouldn't have done and Caleb walked in." Sawyer said. "I guess his right. I don't the first thing about myself."

"Where is this kid?" Janice asked as Sawyer shrugged. "If I see him..."

"Just let it be." Sawyer said. "Let's have some fun and dance like we used too."

Janice smiled as she had her best friend after all these years and then there is Hanna, the girl she's loved since they met. Sawyer smiled as she started dancing so she wouldn't think about Caleb and what she was trying to get to in Ian's office.

A slow song came on making Sawyer go get her something to drink. She saw Emily. "What's wrong?"

The two shrugged as Emily had an outbreak. She grabbed Emily and walked out. Sawyer saw Janice making Hanna and Spencer finish the way out. "What's wrong with my cousin?"

"Drunk." She said. "I'm going to help Hanna get Emily home."

"Tell her to call me and explain what is going on."

Sawyer nodded as she walked away. Janice saw the blonde herself and smiled a little before she walked away.
~~~
Sawyer opened her laptop just to see an image of Alison, but there was someone behind her. "Who is that?" She mumbled as she tried to remember anything that happened that night before she went to bed, but nothing. Now she was going to be upset because she has no clue who the shadow belongs to.