seventeen

Sawyer was in her room trying to think as she packed her some clothes. Melissa is pregnant and to make things worse is that Aria refuses to talk to her and Hanna. She finished gathering her things before walking into her Spencer's room. "Anything on that code?"

"Bad."

"Um..I'm sure you read that wrong." She said. "I don't think that's what it saying."

"How do you know?"

"We're not blind, Spencer and the only person who can read braille is Jenna. So it's either you go back to Toby since he might know more about it or you can always do your jump to conclusion thing." Sawyer said as she looked at Hanna. "I'm going to your house. Need a lift?"

"Give me a minute."

Sawyer nodded as she looked at Aria before walking away. Spencer wondered if Sawyer was telling the truth. Maybe they were reading the message wrong.
~~~
Sawyer was dressed for a new day as she walked downstairs to make breakfast. She saw Ashley leaving causing her to open the door. "I left a wake up call for 9." Caleb tells her as Janice walked in.

"Do you two want something to eat?" Hanna asked as Sawyer grabbed a bowl and cereal.

"You mean this is one of those basement breakfast places?" Caleb asked.

"I don't know how long Sawyer and I can keep doing this." Hanna says.

"It won't be long." Janice says.

"You'd go back to your foster parents and your aunt?"

"Not a chance."

Sawyer looked between Caleb and Janice thinking about how they aren't brother and sister. "I've saved up enough to get out to Arizona." Caleb said. "I have a friend in Flagstaff." Caleb looked at Sawyer as she kept eating. "You gonna miss me?"

"Maybe." Sawyer replies.

Caleb smiled a little till her heard the door opened causing Sawyer to grab his hat as Caleb left. She put it on causing Hanna to laugh as she had Janice's jacket in the sink.
~~~
At school, Aria saw Sawyer talking to Caleb as she took the hat off and handed it to him. She walked away smiling. Aria met Sawyer at the entrance. "Hey."

"Hi."

"I can't do this anymore." Aria said. "Last night after I left, I felt awful."

"I'm sorry for not saying anything, I was just looking out for Hanna."

"I know and I should have figured it out. At lieast I should have listened to you and Hanna."

"It was terrible but all I could think about was Ashley and Hanna."

Aria grabbed Sawyer's hand. "I'm sorry. I was so mean."

"We had it coming."

"No." Aria tells her. "I was thinking. A could have given that ticket to mom but they made Hanna do it to make it hurt more and no one can never keep anything from you."

Sawyer smiled as she hugged her friend. "I hate when I know things and have to keep it from whoever is going to get hurt."
~~~
Sawyer walked with Aria and Hanna to their table. Spencer saw her sister and had to ask. "What is with you and the Artful Dodger?"