twenty three

Sawyer stood in her sister's arms. She wasn't speaking as the other's talked. The youngest Hastings was refusing to speak about what happened. Garrett walked over as Sawyer still hasn't spoken a word and left. "Sawyer."

"Shut up." She tells her sister.

Sawyer looked out the window as Garrett took the to an alley. "Why are we stopping?" Aria asks.

"Garrett?"

"Let's go." He tells the liars .

Sawyer got out, but she didn't say a word. She just listened to them talk. She once again got dragged into trouble because of her sister. All she did was got get things for Melissa, but she somehow got dragged into more than what she wanted or asked for.
~~~
Sawyer was sound asleep as the others were talking. Spencer looked at her sister as Hanna played with Sawyer's hair. They knew she was going through. "Sawyer, come on."

Sawyer sighed as she walked downstairs, but stopped as she saw her parents and the others. "What's going on?"

"Sawyer, come here." Peter says making her walk over to him.

"Uh, Veronica, since this was your plan."

"The allegations you made about Ian have cast a bright spotlight on you four." Sawyer as confused. "Spencer is still a person of interest in Alison's murder investigation and now the police seem to think that you three are involved."

"Why not me?" Sawyer asked. "I was with them."

"You never mentioned Ian like the others." Veronica tells her. "You just told them you were attacked and that was it. No allegations to Ian was made by you."

"Ian killed Alison, okay."

"Spencer, you are not helping yourself at all." Sawyer mumbled, but listened anyways.

"And he tried to kill Sawyer last night."

The youngest Hastings hated being in the middle of this. "Yeah, we were all there. We told you exactly what we saw." Aria speaks up.

"And we heard you." Ella says.

"We don't need to rehash what we talked about last night." Byron tells them. "It's, this is about moving forward."

"And while the police sort through this we want you girls to see a grief counselor." Veronica tells them. "Even you, Sawyer." She nodded.

"She's a therapist who can help you deal with Alison's death." Ella tells them.

"And what appears to the police to be an obsession with trying to pin her death on Ian." Veronica says.

"You think we're lying?" Emily asked.

"Emily, I believe you." Pam says. "But it's the way it looks that concerns us."

Sawyer looked at her dad wondering if this was going to work or why they weren't looking at her like they were the others. "This is a preemptive strike and the goal is to garner both police and public sympathy." Veronica tells them.

"Well, I'm not going to a shrink." Hanna says as she looked at Sawyer who hasn't said much and the others. "I mean, that's what friends are for."

"You can't be the only one who doesn't go." Ashley says as she put her hand on Sawyer's shoulder.

"Maybe you'll get more out of it than you think."

Sawyer thought that would be a good idea. She would like to talk to someone about what has happened. "This is bull..."

"Hanna!" Ashley called out.

Sawyer looked at her mom. "Do you believe us?" Spencer asked as Veronica looked at her youngest. "Sawyer?"