twelve

Sawyer was finally able to go home, but one slight problem. The A message has to go, but the only way for that was to cover it up. So once Sawyer got home, she did just that. "Why are you taking it off?" Aria asked as she brought in the crutches.

"I'm not. This stupid thing won't stick." Sawyer said as she hated the sticker. 

"We can get you another sticker." 

Sawyer did listen as Hanna pulled it back to see it. "It's still there, Han. I don't think it's going anywhere's anytime soon."

"Sawyer. Hanna, don't, okay?" Spencer said as she crouched down to look at her sister. "Don't look at that. Just look around you. Because you're safe, you're home, and you're alive."

"You do know that a hospital is supposed to be safe, but look what's on my leg." 

Sawyer didn't say a word as she wheeled herself over to get her some food. She knew she would have to talk to Spencer about Melissa and Ian's marriage. Sawyer managed to knock things over causing her to sigh. "I hate this." 
~~~
After everyone left, Sawyer sat on the couch doing some research as Spencer walked in. "So when exactly were you going to tell me about Melissa and Ian."

"I didn't know till later that night." Spencer says as she sat down. "I swear it took me by surprise. I had you to worry about and then there was the news of them getting married that same night." Spencer sighed as her sister looked up. 

"Okay." Sawyer says. "I'm going to go to sleep while you do whatever you have planned."

Spencer nodded as she walked away. After that incident, Sawyer started thinking of what she would want in a boyfriend. Hearing her phone, Sawyer looked to see two messages. One from Hanna and one from A.

"Let's see what Hanna wants."

I need to talk to you about the finical problems we're having. Mom did something that I need your help with hiding. -H

Okay.-S

Sawyer opened the other one.

Always taking care of Hanna and everyone around. Look where that got you. -A

"I don't know if that was blackmail or advice, but okay."
~~~
The one thing about a broke leg and just getting out of the hospital meant no school. To Sawyer, she was on vacation. She was looking through the pictures Melissa sent. She didn't care much about their marriage, but her sister was happy so she was going to be happy for her. 

Sawyer heard about Mona throwing a party at Hanna's that she was supposed to go to for her recovery, but Sawyer wasn't in the mood to go to anyone's house or party. She was going to focus on herself. First it was the boyfriend idea, but she had her pick and so far, no one at school caught her eyes.

Later that night, Sawyer was sound asleep on the couch when Spencer got home. She covered her up as their dad came downstairs. "How long has she been asleep?"

"After you left. She knew the party was for her, but she said something to Melissa about wanting to start focusing on herself."

Spencer nodded as they started talking about the party. Sawyer turned with a smile as she was finally able to sleep without worry in the world. Just for the night.