63rd Chapter

I ran into the chambers of Mihrimah Sultania who was there along with Defne and Mery Kalf and took care of all the children. All the children were there except Suleyman.

- Aslihan, what's the matter? What do you look like? - Mihrimah asked me afraided as I ran into her chambers anxiously as never before.

- Sultana, help me. We have to do something. Sultan put Bayezid in prison and will kill him tomorrow at noon. Rana and Mehmed Pasha found his letter to Lala where they talk about the overthrow of the Sultan from the throne. Now she wants to kill him. - I told her while I was crying. I was really afraid for Bayezid and I couldn't let him die like this.

- Defne, I entrust you with the children. Keep them like an eye in your head. I will now do whatever it takes to save Bayezid. - I told Defne who decided she would stay to keep the children safe until Mihrimah, Meryem and I came back.

- Meryem, you're looking for Rana. I don't care how, but you'll solve it. In any way that is possible. For everyone's safety, Rana must no longer be here. -  Mihrimah gave instructions to Meryem who was ready to do anything.

- I am going to inform all the assistants in the Harem and Divan, we will get rid of Mehmed Pasha. Aslihan, please do whatever it is possible to save Bayezid. - Mihrimah told me.

I went to the Harem and hoped for God's help. I knew this day was crucial. I had to do whatever it was to save Bayezid.
Although it was his fault, he did not deserve this end.

I entered the Harem where there was general panic. All the concubines were in fear of the Sultan's wrath. No one knew what would happen next

- Sultana, will you help us? From dealing with Prince Bayezid from this hell, the Dynasty will come to an end unless someone stops the Sultan. -  concubine who was standing at the door of the Harem said to me while she was crying.

- With God's help, we will succeed. Don't panic in the Harem, it's not needed at the moment. - I told her, trying to calm down the panic in the Harem.

At that point the first ones I had to get rid of were Selim’s daughters. Although they were members of the Dynasty, they were of great resilience now.

Rana would never have gotten the letter if one of them hadn’t handed it to her. And judging by Rana's idea to marry one of them to Mehmed Pasha, I knew it was true.

At that moment, I saw Bayezid's Lala walking around the Palace. I recognized the man immediately by Bayezid's description. Although he was main reason of these problems, he could be of help to me at the moment.

He bowed to me as soon as he saw me and started walking towards me. He obviously had no idea what was going on right now.

- Lala, you have to help me now. Prince Bayezid is in the dungeon. The Sultan wants to kill him tomorrow at noon. We must prevent him from doing so. - I told him nervously. I couldn’t calm down as much as I was overwhelmed by fear for my own life.

- Sultana, don't worry, I heard everything. I came here with an army from Egypt. I also drew the Istanbul army to our side. Don't worry, all the janissaries who will be present on the Square tomorrow will be on our side. - Lala told me and his words comforted me that at least something was under control.

- I am with you now, Sultana, I will help you. My people are looking for Sultanaa Shah, Ismihan and Gevherhan, we will get rid of them most easily. - Lala told me, but I had a better idea in mind.

- Rather help Sultana Mihrimah get rid of Mehmed Pasha now, I have a better idea for the Sultans. - I told him and headed for the court kitchen.

I didn’t think I would ever be able to do something like this in my life, but for the life of my husband and my children, I was willing to do anything, even become a killer.