26th Chapter

After a long time of trip, we finally arrived to Istanbul. I've missed this city so much. The city I've spent so many years in. Working on the market as a merchant, now I am coming in it again like a Sultana and mother of Ottoman Prince.

Who could say life can change so quickly? From being a russian merchant, to a Ottoman Sultana?

Together with Hurrem Sultana, Şehzade Bayezid and my children we came inside the Palace. In Harem everyone awaited for us and whole harem was ready to welcome and greet us.

- Attention! Her Imperial Majesty Haseki Hurrem Sultan and Şehzade Bayezid Hazertleri! - Sumbul-aga, Hurrem Sultan's servant noticed everyone in harem so everyone should bow to them.

This harem was three times bigger than the one we had in Kutahya. This one was more luxurious and well equipted.

We walked towards the end of harem where Nurbanu Sultan and another Selim's concubine, Selimiye which was pregnant, awaited for us.

I saw Nurbanu having bitter smile when she saw me, and I couldn't say I was really happy to see her.

Bayezid went to meet his father in his chambers while I stayed in harem with Hurrem Sultana. She ordered Sumbul-aga to prepare me my chambers which were ready very soon.

As I was really tired from trip, I went there to take a break. I was exhausted and I need some time to rest, but at the moment I came in, somebody knocked on the door.

It was Nurbanu Sultan. I was surprised to see her coming to me that soon.

- Look who came to Istanbul, a russian merchant which is not able to get pregnant anymore

- Look who came to Istanbul, a russian merchant which is not able to get pregnant anymore. - she said and laughed in my face.

- You should better look at your jobs than at my health, it won't help you. - I fake smiled her sitting on my couch not caring what is she doing here.

- I heard your son is sick. - she said.
- I wonder when you started to care about that? - I asked her.

- You know you are all going to be dead soon. As soon as Selim becomes the next Sultan, you will all get punished. You, Bayezid and your children. - she threatened me, but I wasnt afraid of her.

- I am not afraid of you, Nurbanu. I think you have bigger problems with Selimiye. Obviously you are not Selim's favourite anymore. - I told her and sarcastically laughed.