29th Chapter

After all the incidents, I decided to go to sleep finally. I was really exhausted about this day and I needed to have some good rest.

I opened the doors of my chambers as I couldn't wait anymore to go to sleep. I dressed up in my night dress and before I go to sleep, I decided to check on my children.

I went to check on their on their cradles. I removed the blankets and I saw my children arent there. Murad and Handan weren't there.

I started screaming all around and all kalfas and aghas came into my chambers.

- Where are my children? - I yelled on them all while I started crying. I was really afraid of what happened and I couldn't stop myself.

At that moment Bayezid came in my chambers as he heard my yelling. I didn't even see him because I was looking all around my room. I felt like I will die from scare about them.

- Bayezid... Someone... Someone kidnapped them... - I told to Bayezid while I couldn't stop crying about what happened.

- What? - Bayezid asked me shockingly.
- Aghas, Kalfas, you were on the doors? Why were children alone? - Bayezid yelled on them all.

They were all silent until Bayezid came to one of aghas which was on my doors and came really close to him.

- I will kill you right now if you don't answer me on my questions! - Bayezid yelled on him so much that I even afraided him.

- Canfeda Kalfa took them. She said she is giving them to nurse to breastfeed them because Sultana wasn't at her chambers. - Agha barely could speak because he was really afraid of him.

- How could you do that? How could you give them to Canfeda when you know she serves for Nurbanu? - I yelled at that agha as loud as I could.

I immediatley left my chambers and went to Selim's chambers. I couldn't stand this anymore and I knew he has to know something about this.

I opened his doors even before aghas allowed me to come inside. I saw him sitting on his bed and drinking wine like nothing happened.

- Where are my children? Speak! - I yelled on him. He just laughed to me.

- How could I know that? You are their mother. How mother are you when you dont know where your children are? - Selim laughed into my face.

- I swear I am going to kill you and everyone you love if you dont tell me immediatley where my children are. - I took a knife which was standing on his desk and came closer to me. At this moment I didn't care if I would do anything bad to him, I knew he was involved in this.

- Who are you to threat me? If you didn't do that to Nurbanu, your children would be with you. Now you can forget about your children because they are probably dead already. And so sad you won't be able to have more. - Selim said laughingly. It seemed like this all is funny to him, but his words killed me.

- Where are they? Speak to me. - I yelled on him.
- I can tell you where their grave will be. Do you want to know that? - Selim asked me.

- How do you dare to say that? Where are my grandchildren? - I heard Sultan Suleyman yelling from the doors of Selim's chambers.

Selim got up as he was really afraid of his father. I saw Suleyman seen knife in my hand, but he didn't react about it. Suleyman came closer to Selim and slapped him across the face.

- You will tell me where my grandchildren are or I will kill you! - Suleyman yelled on him when he slapped him.

At that moment Bayezid and Mihrimah also came in room shocked about what happened.

- If your grandchildren are more important to you than your son, its fine then. - Selim said provicatley to Suleyman trying to make him even more angry.

Suleyman pushed him on the wall and slapped him across the face this time even stronger.

- Tell me where they are! - Suleyman yelled.

- If you catch Nurbanu's boat to Egypt, you may still see them alive. Or they are somewhere at the deep end of Bosphorus! - Selim said. He was drunk and this was all funny to me, but I was so afraid.

What if he is right and my children are dead already? What if that crazy Nurbanu threw them somewhere in Bosphorus?

-Lets go find that ship! - Bayezid said and Suleyman followed him.
- Bayezid, I will go with you. - I said to him and followed him.

- Aslihan, you must stay here. - Bayezid told me while he was walking still away from Palace.
- No I won't. I need to find them. I am going with you. - I said and went together with them.

Suleyman sat on his horse. Bayezid got his horse which I sat on with him together. We were going towards port where Nurbanu's boat should set sail very soon.

We came there actually very fast, and we saw the boat is already there. Thanks God it didn't set sail already.

Sultan sent the janissaries to check in the boat, but there was no one in the boat. Neither Nurbanu was in the boat. I was really afraid what is going to happen next.

Next to the port where the ship was, there was a small pier. I saw a shadow on that pier and decided to run towards it.

Bayezid and Suleyman followed me. I got there as fast as I could, and I saw exactly what I expected.

- If you take a step towards me, your children will end up at the bottom of the Bosphorus. - Nurbanu told me as she carried two babies in her hands.

What will happen with Aslihan's children? Will Nurbanu do anything bad to them? Find out in next chapter.