51st Chapter

- Sultana, Rustem-paşa wants to meet you in Gardens. - Bulbul-aga said to me while I was brushing Handan's hair.

- Are you sure in what are you telling me? Rustem? - I asked him and laughed. I knew Rustem is Hurrem's right hand and it was hilarious to me.

- Yes, he sent a message. He is already there. - Bulbul-aga said to me.

- Oh, another threating today. - I said and laughed.

- Meryem, you will do beautiful hair for my love Handan. I will come back really soon. - I said and I stood up from couch.

- But, mommy, I want you to do my hair. - Handan told me sadly.

- Handan, my love, I have important things to do. I will return as soon as possible and then we can continue your hair, fine? - I went down on my knees in front of her and took her small hands.

- Fine, Valide. I will wait for you. - Handan said to me as I kissed her cheeks.

I've left my chambers together with Bulbul and went in Gardens where Rustem-paşa was awaiting for me.

He waited for me and bowed to me. I signalised Bulbul to leave us alone to talk. Rustem was someone who Hurrem trusted with her life, she even married him with her only daughter, Mihrimah. Even though if he was lot older than her.

- Sultana, its my pleasure to meet you. Everyone was talking about you, and I never had the opportunity to see you in real. - he said as he bowed to me and smiled.

- I guess you have heard only the worst things about me from Hurrem Sultana

- I guess you have heard only the worst things about me from Hurrem Sultana. - I said to him and laughed.

- I wish it wasnt like that, because Mihrimah Sultana told me only good things about you. She really likes you. - he said to me.

- Why did you want to see me, Rustem-paşa? - I asked him because I really wondered what he wanted. He was Grand Vizier and he was really influent person in this Empire. If we count that he is son-in-law of Sultan, he is the second most powerful man in this state, after Sultan obviously.

- I wanted to come for you to talk for alliance. As you know, now Şehzade Bayezid is only left heir to the throne. We know he will success the throne one day. - he said to me and he made me laugh then.

- If he is only possible heir to the throne, why would you need an alliance with me? - I asked him.

- Because one Sultan comes, and next Sultan goes away. We all know that not many time stayed to Sultan Suleyman. Then Şehzade Bayezid will come to the throne. Would you like already to have strong alliance with me, who would help you to make everything possible that one of your sons ascend the throne after Sehzade Bayezid. As you know, there is also another Prince, Suleyman. And you arent his mother. - Rustem said to me seriously. I couldn't help myself but laugh at his words.

- Rustem-paşa, Sultan Suleyman is still on the throne. Question is when will Bayezid ascend the throne, and hopefully, God will give him long life so I shouldnt start thinking about the future Sultan right now. - I said to him and raised my head up.

- My offer won't last forever, Sultana. If you dont accept it, maybe Rana Sultan will accept it. As I see those important things are really funny to you. - Rustem said to me a bit more furiously now.

- Just go, but dont forget. Rana has only one son, and I have four sons. And I dont think the time to think about it is now. Who know, will you even stay as Grand Vizier when it would be time for one of Bayezid's children to ascend the throne? - I replied to him seriously.

- By your behaviour you are only making yourself more enemies. Isnt it enough for you that you already have a lot of them? You think love of Şehzade Bayezid will save you from that? He loved Huricihan also, but no one could protect her. And she died. - Rustem said to me.

- Why should I accept your alliance when we all know you are Hurrem's most loyal servant? - I asked him.

- As you know, Hurrem Sultana is banished, and she isnt that powerful anymore. Why should I have alliance with her anymore? - Rustem said to me, which made me laugh even more.

- I don't need alliance with someone who changes his loyality as wind blows. You were with Hurrem when she was powerful, and when she is banished you are already searching for someone new to make alliance with? I dont need that kind of person. I have already people who are with me, in good and bad times. Not like you are. - I said to him and raised my head in front of him.

- You did mistake now, Aslihan Sultana. You will regret your opinion, trust me. - he said to me angrily.

- I think you would regret your words if Hurrem would hear what you have told about her. - I said to him sarcastically.

- That is impossible, because Hurrem Sultana won't find about that. - he said and left the gardens.

I went to my chambers. This conversation made me laugh. Hurrem would have been so angry at Rustem when she would hear that.

That's why I was thankful for having loyal servants like Bulbul, Meryem and Rukiye which I trusted with my life. Thankfully, they werent changing their loyality at same fast as Rustem. And I hope they will not.

I opened the doors of my chambers and I saw my daughter Handan running into my hug.

- Valide! While you were with Rustem-paşa, aunt Mihrimah made me new hair! Look its so beautiful! - Handan said as she jumped in my hug. Only at her mention of Rustem, I knew I am in trouble. Because Mihrimah was sitting on my couch.

- Handan, your hair is beautiful. Now go with Rukiye in your room while I talk with Mihrimah Sultana. - I said to her and smiled and waited for Rukiye to take her.

I went in front of Mihrimah Sultana which was sitting on my couch and I bowed her. I knew this is going to be bad since Handan mentioned Rustem.

- Sultana. - I said as I tried to smile to her, but I saw she is really upset.

- I didn't want to react in front of Handan, but you crossed every border. Who are you to meet secretly with my husband? How you dare? - Mihrimah asked me and slapped me across the face.