12th Chapter

Next morning I woke up in Bayezid's room. Last night after dinner, I fell asleep in his chambers. I woke up, but I couldn't see Bayezid and that confused me a lot.

I quickly got up from bed and went to look across the room, but he wasnt inside. I went to tereace, but he wasnt there also. I was kinda worried at that moment what happened and why he isn't here.

At that moment, somebody opened the doors.
- Good morning, Hoşyar Hatun. Its already so late. - she told me and looked me arrogantly. I still couldn't find out why she dislikes me so much.
- Where is Bayezid? - I asked her not caring about what she said.
- Prince Bayezid. - she corrected me arrogantly.

I just sighed at her words.
- Where is he? - I asked her looking from the terrace.
- He has some important state jobs to do so he had to go early outside, he told us not to wake you up still. - she said to me.

I was kinda sad because I haven't seen him this morning. I thought I will wake up next to him and that my morning is going to be beautiful.

- Because you spent a night on havlet doesn't mean you can act like Sultana now. Know your place and go to harem right now. - she told me.
- There was no havlet, Cevri Kalfa. - I told her already annoyed by her words.

- Then why did you spend the night here? - she asked me suspiciously.
- That is not what you should be interested in. - I said to her with a smile and left Bayezid's chambers.

I started walking towards harem, while Cevri was following me. When we were following, some man arrived.

- Cevri Kalfa, Hurrem Sultana sent a notice she will come to visit Bayezid soon. You should prepare everything for her arrival. - he said.

- Who is that? - I asked Cevri when that man left.
- It's Bulbul-aga, he is chief ennuch in this harem. - she said to me.

Soonly, I came to my room. The favourite's room. This was actually the first time I entered my new room, and the first thing that I saw shocked me. I saw Defne in my room.

- What are you doing here? - I asked her shockedly.
- This is my room, what are you doing here? - she stood up and asked me confusedly.
- You are both Prince Bayezid's favourites and from now on you will share this room. - Cevri said to us.

I was really disappointed in that idea. Bayezid told me I am going to have my own room, and now I have to share it with Defne.

Some aghas started getting big boxes inside.
- This is Prince's gift. - Cevri Kalfa said and smiled.

I just sat on my bed not being really interested in what are they getting here.
- Oh, I am so happy Bayezid send those to me. - Defne went to see what's inside the boxes.
- Not so fast, Prince Bayezid sent this to Nadia Hatun. - Cevri said to Defne which only looked at me with so much angriness in her eyes. She looked like she was ready to kill me.

Aghas opened those boxes for me and I could see plenty of beautiful dresses which he ordered to make for me. I saw a lot of jewerly which was really beautiful. It reminded me on those my father was doing.

I could see Defne is looking at me very angrily. The worst thing that could happen to me was sharing room with her. I disliked her, and she disliked me even more. She saw me as a huge threat.

- Those gifts wont change anything. - Defne said and raised her head.
I looked at her confusedly not knowing what she wants to say.

- Bayezid has place only for me in his heart. - she said proudly as she walked towards me.
- Defne. I don't care about you. If you would mean so much to Bayezid, as you talk, then you would spend night in his chambers, not me. - I told her with a fake smile.

Cevri Kalfa was measuring me whole time. Defne was annoyed and she lefr our room. Aghas also left, so I stayed alone with Cevri.

- You are very smart, you know excatly what you should say at what moment. - she said as she sat on my bed.

I was silent while I was looking at all the gifts Bayezid sent me.
- You can be very powerful, Nadia. I havent seen a woman like you for a long time. I have seen only once like you. - she told me.
- Who was that woman? - I asked her.
- Hurrem Sultan. - she smiled to me.

It was the first time Cevri smiled to me.
- I dont think there is any similiar thing between us, except we are both Russians. - I told her with a smile.

- I was a slave in Sultan's harem when Hurrem came. Her name was Alexandra. After Sultan met her, he forgot about any other woman. Now she is a Sultana who rules the whole world. You are capable to be like her. - she said smilingly to me.

- I don't want any power. Power only makes person colder. - I told her.
- Do you want to share room with Defne all the time? Do you think Prince will be interested in you if you keep rejecting him the whole time? - she asked me.

- What do you mean? - I asked her.
- You have an ability to become powerful Sultana. Prince Bayezid havent even looked at any woman after his wife Huricihan Sultana died. And now he is crazy for you as I can see. - she said and I blushed on her words. That made me smile a bit.

- If you give him a son, nobody will stop you. You will become so powerful. All those maids will bow to you and respect you. - she said to me.
- Cevri Kalfa, I think you didn't understand me well. That is not the thing I want. - I told her fake smiling.

- You want to be maid in harem your whole life, just like me? - she asked me.
- I dont want to be in a harem. - I answered her.
- When you once come here, there is no way back. You have two options, stay here as a servant, or become a Sultana. - she smiled and left my room.

She made me think a lot about her words. Of course I didn't want to be a servant my whole life, but I also didn't want to become like all other women here who were power-hungry.

Only thing I wanted was Bayezid's love. My life would have been so much easier if he was Davut-bey. If he was only a merchant. If we could marry and live normally. Have our small children.

Not this, when he is a prince. And every day he has a risk of his life. If I ever give a birth to his sons, they will have a risk of life too.

If Prince Selim success the throne, Bayezid and all his sons will be dead. That meant if I ever give a birth to sons, I would have to worry every day if they will stay alive. I would have to worry how long they could live.