68th Chapter

Three months have passed since Bayezid ascended the throne. Even though everyone excepted that Palace will be back to happiness, that didn't happen.

Bayezid wanted to get rid of all of his enemies, and so he tried to do whatever was important to do it.

He removed all the viziers from the divan, and appointed the new ones who were close to him. He named his Lala as Grand Vizier which made janissaries angry, because Lala was exiled for years and no one loved him.

Bayezid was angry on Mihrimah, but he couldn't do anything bad to her as he needed her help to rule over the Harem because he didn't have Valide Sultana. He named her Chief of Harem and gave her all the power, but he didn't trust her so he checked what he is doing every time.

He punished me with his silence. He didn't even want to see me or talk to me, so I decided I won't force that. He hurted me so much with his words and actions, and I would never forgive him what was he doing. Even though he was my husband.

Bayezid wanted to kill Suleyman, but I saved him in the last moment. I took him with myself and he was living together with my children, because I wouldnt let him do anything bad to poor innocent child.

Bayezid didn't trust anyone except his Lala. Whatever Lala would say to him, Bayezid would listen. Lala filled his head with plenty of ideas how he should go to campagin and wars, even though he knew Ottoman army couldn't do that, because there wasnt enough money.

Around the whole Palace there was nothing but just sadness. Everyone was devastated after Bayezid became Sultan, because he didn't care about his job that much. He did whatever Lala said, and that made people dislike him. Actually, people didnt dislike him, they disliked Lala and wanted to punish him.

 Actually, people didnt dislike him, they disliked Lala and wanted to punish him

- Murad, my brave lion. You grew into beautiful boy. - I said to my son Murad who came into my chambers to see me after all of those sad events.

- Valide, I promise you. No one will ever make you sad. My father must feel guilty for what he has done to you. - my teenager son Murad, said to me.

- My lion, I am happy while I have you by my side, and while I can watch you grow. - I said to him and touched his face gently.

- Valide, I would like to go to Sanjak. I don't want to be in this Palace anymore, I don't want to see father ever again after his behaviour towards your. - Murad said me, which made me sad. I didn't want my lion fo be sad, and I didn't want him to go to Sanjak.

- My love, when the time comes, you will go to Sanjak, and one day you will become Empire of the Ottoman Empire, and as your Valide I will stand with you. - I said to him trying to make him forget about the Sanjak.

At that moment, Bayezid knocked at my doors. I said Murad to leave to his chambers so I could talk with Bayezid in peace, because I didn't want him to yell on me in front of my son.

- Aslihan, my love, how are you? - Bayezid asked me as he gave me a smile and raised his hands to wait me for a hug, but I stayed serious to him

- Why do you still call me your love after everything you have done to me? You said you don't want to see me anymore, so I don't want to see you too. - I said to him calmly. I didn't want to fight, but he must know how to act this time. I was tired of his mood swings anymore.

- It wasnt easy for me to hear that Şah killed my two sons. I was shocked. I couldn't believe for all of this time. - Bayezid said trying to show me his sadness, but this time it won't work.

- That's why that Greek concubine is spending every night in your chambers? You act like you are sad but if you were for real you would spend the time with me so we could get over that together, we would be more strong. We would be each other's support, but no. Another woman was with you all the time. - I said to him and raised my voice as I wouldnt stand him anymore.

- Aslihan, I am Sultan. My duty is to give this dynasty princes. - Bayezid said to me in soft tone trying to stop my anger.

- I gave you four sons, but I had to watch how two of them are killed in front of my eyes

- I gave you four sons, but I had to watch how two of them are killed in front of my eyes. You also wanted to kill Suleyman. Why do you want more children if you already wanted to kill one of them? - I said to him angrily and he stayed silent at my words.

- Mahinever is pregnant and she will give me a son possibly. I need to make sure the throne has its successor. - he said to me and I couldn't believe.

- What happened to you Bayezid? When did you became like this? Why do you need successors to the throne when you have Murad, Mehmed and Suleyman? - I yelled on him.

- Because Murad still has breathing problems and he would never be able to become Sultan and go to campagins, same as my brother Çihangir could never. I will never allow Suleyman to ascend the throne as they filled his head with nonsense ideas since he was young, and Mehmed is still very young. Who knows what can happen? I need more princes. - he said to me and it hurted me to listen to this. How he would say something like this about his sons?

- You act like Murad's breathing problems are so bad, it was while he was still very young. He is in fine condition now and he is your eldest son. - I said to him angrily. I never again want to hear him speaking something like this about my son.

- You alone know that when you gave birth to him nurse said to you he won't have peaceful life because of his problems. She told you he will be sick for his whole life. You know that. That's why he will never be able to become Sultan one day. - Bayezid yelled so loudly, but he didn't know that Murad was in chambers inside mine and he could hear everything.

- Father, why are you like that? I don't even feel sick anymore, why couldn't I become Sultan one day? You don't love me? - Murad asked me as he walked out of his chambers and my heart broke at that moment, because he shouldnt have heard that.