52nd Chapter

- You should maybe have asked me for explanation first before you decided to slap me. - I said to her seriously. I have never except Mihrimah to do something like this.

- What explanation is needed? You can't meet with my husband. That is illegal. You now you can stay without your head for this. - Mihrimah said to me angrily. I have never seen her this angry. I knew she didn't love Rustem, why would she react like this then?

- Maybe the explanation that your husband called for me and wanted to have a talk with me? It is not my fault. - I said to her and raised my head in front of her. I loved Mihrimah, but I wouldnt tolerate this behaviour. I dont care if she is Sultana, she won't act like this towards me before I explain to her everything.

- Why would he call you? What are you talking about? - she asked me and it was easily seen that when I mentioned that he called me, her expression changed quickly.

- He wanted to talk with me because he wanted an alliance with me. - I said to her.

- Why would he want an alliance with you? He is close with my mother and only alliance he has is with her. - Mihrimah asked me in distrust.

- He wanted an alliance that I could have someone who will help me that after Bayezid one of my sons would ascend the throne. - I said to her.

- How can you even think about that while still my father Sultan Suleyman Khan is rulling? - Mihrimah started yelling at me like crazy.

- It is not what I said, it is what Rustem said. - I said to her trying to stop her from yelling.

- Dont tell me you accepted that offer? - she asked me and she seemed pretty disappointed in Rustem then.

- Of course I didn't. Why would I want that? I told him excatly what you told me. And I dont care about the throne and who would ascend the throne while I have Bayezid and my children next to me. - I said to her and she calmed down really quickly.

- So he forgot about my mother as soon as she lost the power? - Mihrimah said in disappointment about her husband.

- It is like that. I couldn't believe that also. I said to him that I dont need someone who changes his loyality as fast as wind blows. - I said to her.

- You did good Aslihan. - she said to me and smiled to me.

- But it is your fault that you slapped me. No matter what, you shouldnt behave like that before you find out what happened. - I said to her seriously. Mihrimah was shocked that I told her that.

- Aslihan, how can you tell me that? - Mihrimah asked me surprisedly.

- Because this is not how you should behave. I dont mean anything bad towards you, actually you are the only Sultana which I respect in this Palace and I dont want to have any bad relationship with you. - I said to her and looked at her seriously.

- Wouldnt you react the same if you heard someone was with your husband? - she asked me and sighed

- Wouldnt you react the same if you heard someone was with your husband? - she asked me and sighed. I saw that made her pretty anxious.

- I would, but I thought you don't love Rustem. - I said to her.

- Why would you think that? - she asked me surprisedly.

- Bayezid told me that. Your mother married you for him even though he is many years older than you. - I said to her everything I knew about them.

- Well that is the true. Maybe I don't have any special emotions, but he must have emotions towards me. I am Sultana and it is forbidden for my husband to have or meet with any other woman. - Mihrimah said and sighed.

- I know its hard for you, Sultana. I would feel the same way on your place. - I said to her as I sat next to her.

- Bayezid told me that Ismihan, Gevherhan and Şah threatened to you? Is that true? - Mihrimah asked me and she seemed pretty interested in that.

- It is. They threatened me with my Murad's life. And Hurrem Sultana also sent me a letter that I have to be careful because they will do whatever is important to get rid of me. - I said and sighed as I was tired and annoyed of everything that took place in Palace for last few days.

- Dont worry, I won't allow them to do that. I dont want to have them here too. - she said which surprised me. At the end, she was their aunt.

- You should marry them off. Find them some suitable husbands. Thats how we will get rid of them. - I gave her my idea, and she seemed that she pretty much likes that idea.

- You are right, that is the best thing we can do. I will find them some husbands in Egypt or on Balkan so they could stay away from the Palace. - Mihrimah said as she gave me a smile.

- Bayezid says they cant be a threat, but I dont trust him this time. - I said to her.

- You are right, Bayezid thinks everything is easy because Selim is not here anymore. Actaully, you should be more aware now, because now you gathered more new enemies. - she said to me.

- That is true, but Bayezid obviously doesnt care for that. - I said and sighed.

- I hope Sultan will allow me to find them husbands, they are teenagers still. But at the end, I was already married to Rustem in their age. - Mihrimah said to me.

- My biggest problem right now is Defne. - I said to her.

- Defne Hatun? Handan's mother which abandoned her? - Mihrimah asked me as she wasn't sure who I am talking about. Many years passed.

- Excatly. - I said to her.

- Why should she be a problem? She is banished and she will never return. - Mihrimah said to me calmly.

- She sent a letter to Sultan and beg for forgivness. She wants to return to Palace and continue her life here with Handan and her family. - I said to her as I looked at the floor.

- Valide. She must have her fingers in that. - Mihrimah said angrily.