56th Chapter

It was finally dark, and night came. The ropes on my arm were loosened so she could easily get out of them, and the knife stood beside me. I was just waiting for Yahya's sign that I could get out.

I heard a noise in front, knowing it was Yahya fighting with the other security guards. To set me free, he had to kill them. Soon, the door opened, and it was Yahya who signaled to me that I could get out. I took the rope off my hand and took the knife that stood on the side and quietly came out of the hut.

When I came out I saw the lifeless bodies of the bodyguards Rustem had placed to keep me there. They lay in pools of blood. I was horrified to look at them. Yahya just looked at me with a smile.

- Now we can go, I'll go with you part of the way, and later you'll have to be alone. I have to protect my family from Rustem. - He said as we started walking through the woods.

Yahya had a lantern that illuminated our path through a forest that was thick and dark. It was scary to walk in the woods in such darkness.

- Where is this hut located at all? How far are we from the palace? - I asked Yahya worriedly because the road seemed very far away to me.

- Sultana, this is very far from the Palace. If we are lucky, we will reach the Palace by morning. May God be with us. - Yahya said and sighed.

I was already tired from the road which was very difficult to walk and my shoes were not meant for the woods. I was cold because I was just in a dress.

I had a feeling we were walking for hours. We walked over branches and had to crawl among logs and fallen trees. At one point, we heard a male voice saying "STOP!".

Yahya and I turned around and saw Rustem standing with a few janissaries. Behind them was a person who was all dressed in black and had a black hood.

My heart stopped when I saw Rustem, and I knew there was no help from this this time. I knew I would never see Bayezid or my children again. I knew he was going to kill me tonight.

- You meant kidnapping Aslihan? You forgot that I would find out everything. Nothing can be missed from Rustem. Now your family will pay for your sins. - Rustem said to Yahya and smiled wickedly at him.

He started walking towards me and slapped me so that I fell to the floor. My cheek ached from Rustem's blow.

- Stop, leave her to me. - I heard a familiar voice walking towards me. It was a person dressed all in black with a black hood.

She soon took off her hood, and I saw a red-haired person I had known before. That was Hurrem Sultan.

- From now on, no one can save you from me. I will end your life. In the same way that you ended the life of my son Selim. - Hurrem said and approached me and slapped me hard.

She grabbed me by the neck and pushed me against a tree and started strangling me there. I felt like I was going to lose consciousness quickly. Hurrem pounded and beat me.

Everything hurt from Hurrem's blows. She banged my head against a tree, strangled me to run out of air, and beat me with her hands and legs.

The knife I had in my hand fell from the side a long time ago and it was impossible to find it among all the leaves on the floor.

I saw Rustem tie Yahya to another tree and I knew there was no help for us anymore.

At that moment, Hurrem pounded me with all her might so that my head slammed hard into the wood.

I saw two Hurrem, and soon three. Everything seemed doubled to me. Suddenly everything was blurry to me, and then my eyes started to turn black. At one point, I just lost consciousness.

- Oh, traitors! Stop now! - Someone from the hill yelled at Hurrem and Rustem.

Hurrem and Rustem stared blankly at who was coming. Soon a group of people on horseback got down and came closer. Sultan Suleiman and Prince Bayezid dismounted, and were immediately shocked to see Hurrem and Rustem being there.

As soon as Bayezid got off his horse, he saw Aslihan lying unconscious on the floor with her head bleeding.

He didn't even pay attention to his mother and Rustem, he just ran towards Aslihan. He took her in his arms and saw that her head was bleeding profusely. He placed her next to his horse and squatted beside her, trying to wake her, but he couldn't.

- Hurrem! You were supposed to be in Amasya. How do you condemn yourself to leave that place? How dare you come here? - Suleyman asked her as he walked towards her. He was clearly very angry. Hurrem became nervous as soon as she saw him.

- Hunkarim, I ... - Hurrem tried to say, but Suleyman just slapped her.

- Oh, traitor, what a crime you were prepared for. You killed the last bit of love in me. From now on, I have no mercy on you. - Suleyman said and looked at her in disgust.

- And you, Rustem, traitor. How easily everyone bribes you. This crime, I will not forgive you this time. You will be punsihed as you deserved lonf time ago. - Suleyman said, glaring at them angrily.

- Aghas, take Hurrem and Rustem and take them to the dungeon. There they will await his punishment. - Suleyman said and ordered the aghas to catch them and tie them up.