10th chapter

As Sultan Suleyman ordered, I had to go with Bayezid in Kutahya. I was really mad on that decision. I didn't want to be a part of Imperial Harem. I didn't want to be anyone's concubine. I am not a slave. How could they send me there?

Next day, the carriage awaited for us.
- Nadia Hatun, you will go in carriage with Prince Bayezid. That is his order. - he told me and he gave me a smile. He thought I would be happy about that. Yeah, maybe I was happy because I will spend time with Bayezid, but I wasnt happy for going into a harem. I knew there would be a lot of another girls who would give their everything for Bayezid to only look at them.

I went to the carriage and Bayezid helped me to get in. It was very luxurious carriage. Only Imperial Family had this kind of carriages. I was sitting inside alone with Bayezid.

- What are all those carriages behind us? - I asked him as I was watching more than 10 carriages behind us.
- Those are maids my mother and sister chosed to be part of my harem. And you see those men on horse, they are our guards. - he said and gave me a smile, but I didn't return him smile. They sent him again new maids?

- You dont have enough maids in Kutahya so you had to brought more of them from Istanbul? - I asked him disappointedly, but I tried to hide it.

- I didn't want to, but my mother and sister insisted. - he said and gave me a smile.
- Are you maybe jealous because of those girls being in my harem? - he asked me laughingly.

- No, why would I? - I tried to act stupid and act insensitive towards him.
- Because you said you would never like to share a man with another women. - he said and gave me a cute smile. It was nice that he remembers the things I said.

- Excatly. And I will never be with a man who would look at another women when he has me. - I told him trying to provoke him.

He was just smiling to me and he was extremley adorable when he was smiling.

- Where am I going to stay in Kutahya? - I asked him with an interest.
- I am going to give you a house where you will live. It is going to be your palace with your servants. - he told me.
- Really? - I asked him in a weird tone. I couldn't know if he is joking or he is being serious.

- I am joking. You will be in harem, but you will have your special room. You wont be with another concubines nor you will have to do any of the jobs they have to do. You are there so you could be safe. - he told me as he was smiling.

- At least that. Even though, I don't want to go there. - I told him and looked outside of the window that was on our carriage.
- You don't want to be closer to me? - he asked me.

I just looked at him with a smile trying to tease him.
- You know I wont be close to you if you will have another women. - I smiled.

- You are the only one who has place in my heart. - he told me and squeezed my hand. I really wanted to believe him, but something told me to not.

- What punishment did Selim and Nurbanu get? - I asked him curiously.
- Selim is sent to Amasya, its the furtherest Sanjak of the Empire. Nurbanu is sent in Konya and she is separated from her children. - he said to me hoping I will be happy with Sultan's decision.

- Poor children when they have mother like her. - I told sadly as I was worried about her children. I knew Selim is an alcoholic, and children will must be with him now. That made me sad.

Our trip to Kutahya took few days. I spent really beautiful time with Bayezid. He showed me his attention in every second, but there was something that worried me all the time.

In early morning, we came to Kutahya Palace. It was very beautiful palace, but you couldn't even compare it to Topkapi. It was a lot of smaller than Topkapi.

We came inside, and the main agha on the doors of harem yelled: "Attention! His Imperial Majesty Prince Bayezid!" and all women in harem stood up in line ready to welcome and greet him.

He came there and one blonde woman was looking at him the whole time.
- Bayezid. - she said and bowed to him with a huge smile.
He just returned her a smile, but didn't even talk to her.

- Prince, welcome. - one kalfa said to him. She was a woman her mid 30s.
- Cevri Kalfa, this is Nadia Hatun. She came with me in palace. I dont want anyone to treat her like a concubine. You prepare her room in favourite's, and she will live there. - he said and gave me a smile.

Woman named Cevri Kalfa measured me suspiciously from head to toe.
- Of course, prince. Nadia, come with me. - she said and I followed her.

Bayezid gave me one last smile before he left to his chambers.
- You are going in hamam now. Do you know what it is? - she asked me suspiciously.
- Of course I know. - I said to her trying to act nice. I didn't know why is she so suspicious to me.

I removed my clothes and put only blanket around myself. I went into a huge hammam.

- So, why doesn't prince Bayezid wants us to threat you different than other girls? - Cevri asked me.
- Because I am not a slave nor his concubine. - I told her trying to act nicely. I didn't know why she was still suspicious.
- Where are you from? - she asked me measuring me once again, I felt nervously while she was measuring me.

- I am from Russia, but I was living in Istanbul for last six years. - I told her.
- So what are you doing here? - she asked me.

- Why should you know everything? If you are interested in something, go and ask Bayezid

- Why should you know everything? If you are interested in something, go and ask Bayezid. - I fake-smiled to her.

- He is Prince Bayezid, not only Bayezid. - she told me angrily.
- Okay, Prince Bayezid. - I told her.

At that moment, woman with blue hair I saw in harem came into hammam. Why did she come at the moment when I had to wash myself?

- Cevri, who is this new slave? - blue haired Lady asked Cevri.
- It's Nadia Hatun, she is not a slave. - Cevri said while looking at me.

Blue haired lady came closer to me.
- Do you know who I am? - she said proudly and raised her head.
- I have no idea and I don't care. - I told her with a fake smile. She was really arrogant to me since first moment.

- My name is Defne. I am favourite concubine of Prince Bayezid. His heart belongs only to me. - she said proudly.
- If that's so, why did he then took me from Istanbul to here even though he has million of women here? - I told her excatly what was needed to ground her on earth.

- You will come and go as all other women. I will stay. - she raised her head.
- That's why Bayezid called me on dinner tonight, not you? - I told her arrogantly just as I loved. I learnt how to fight with people while I was working on market. I had huge skills in that.

I could see Defne is very hurt when I told her that, but I didn't care. I knew harem is not a place to make friends, but place to make sure you survive.

- But I am the one who spends the night with him. I am special to him. - she said this time less proudly.
- That's why he didn't even mention you? - I laughed at what I said.

She was watching at me furiously and left the hammam. This was the first enemy I made in Kutahya. And the enemy that I will have most problems with.

Ps. Sorry for this bland chapter I had so much work, promise next ones are going to be better!