65th Chapter

- Sultana, Sultana, wake up. - I heard someone talking to me while checking how I was breathing. At that moment, I opened my eyes and saw Meryem in front of me.

- Meryem, where am I? - I asked her confused after I lost consciousness.

- Aslihan, you passed out. You're in your chambers now, but we're not safe yet. No one knows where Şah is. - Mihrimah told me anxiously.

At that moment, my memory came back. I remembered everything that happened. I remembered my sons dying in front of my eyes a few hours ago.

I looked around, and in my chambers were Mihrimah, Defne, and Meryem. Next to them were my sons Murad and Mehmed, and daughters Handan, Halime and Hilal.

The children looked at me scared and I saw that their eyes were full of tears. How do you explain to children now where their brothers are?

- Mom, aren't Mustafa and Ibrahim here anymore? - my youngest daughter Hilal asked me, who came to my bed and hugged me. My heart ached at that moment. I was dying inside, and I was not allowed to show sadness in front of the children.

I had to be strong in front of them, for their own sake. Because I knew if I was weak in front of them, they would be weak too.

- Your brothers are being guarded by angels now, Hilal. - I told her as my voice cracked with sadness at that moment. At the same time, my children started crying. I sat on the bed with a crying Hilal in my arms, comforting the other children as well.

- Where's Suleyman? - I asked them worriedly. I couldn’t believe Suleyman wasn’t brought to me.

- Sultana, he did not want to come with us. He remained in his chambers. He said he is not afraid of anyone and that he does not want to be with anyone but you. - Meryem told me, which hit me even harder.

I got out of bed. I left the care of the children to Meryem and Defne. I knew I could trust them. At that moment, I went to Suleyman's chambers to take him with me.

Suleyman was not allowed to come near Şah because I knew she would use him for her plans.

I entered Suleyman's chambers, but he was not there. I searched every corner of his chambers, but he wasn't there.

At that moment, I heard a noise in the hallway. I peered in to see what was going on, and at that moment I saw the janissaries walking around the palace. Now only God was there to help us.

- Aghas, what's going on?- I asked them out loud. The Janissaries did not usually come to the Palace.

- The time of a new era has come. The New Sultan. And we're going to put him on the throne now, tell us where Prince Suleyman is? - the chief janissary asked me. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing at that moment.

- What do you mean with Prince Suleiman? Sultan is still alive! - I told him angrily.

- Unfortunately, not anymore. Peace to his soul. - said the leader of the janissaries in a slightly sad voice.

- Prince Bayezid is still alive. He must ascend the throne. - I told him you came closer to him.

- Sultana, we have received information that he is no longer alive. We had to choose Prince Suleyman. Şah Sultana sent us. - he told me and I was shocked.

I paid no more attention to his words than to the dungeon where Bayezid was locked up.

- Bayezid ... - I told him and ran to him. I saw him sitting on the dungeon floor. The only positive thought to me at this point is that he is alive.

- Aslihan, save me ... - he barely uttered.

- Bayezid, what happened? - I asked him worriedly because I saw the wounds on his face. He had a multitude of bruises as if someone had beaten him.