8th Chapter

After Nurbanu Sultan ordered the death of my brothers, I hurried to go to Kadia (lawyer). I was sure she didn't want to kill them, she wanted to kill me, but this way I am suffering more. I am sure she sent the janissary man to kill me, but unfornatley they were at home at that moment.

I went to the port and took the boat which would take me to another side of Istanbul. I walked what faster I could. Nurbanu Sultan passed every border. I did not do anything wrong to her. She was like this to me, only because man she loves kidnaped me? I didn't find any sense in it, but only that she is jealous of me. I dont know why she should be jealous when I despise Selim and I can't stand him. If she only would know my heart belongs to Bayezid.

I came to lawyer, and there was a lot of people. They were gathered in circle, while lawyer talked to one man which was old, but he looked really powerful.

Lawyer saw me and called me to him.
- Hatun, tell me. What happened? - lawyer asked me. I was sure I am going to tell everything to him, because Selim and Nurbanu are making my life worser and worser every day.

- I'm here to complain about Nurbanu Sultan. - I told him without caring whoever can hear this. On the mention of Nurbanu, everybody looked at the older man. I didn't realise why, but I didn't care about it.

Lawyer stayed kinda shocked on my mention of Sultana, it was a rare to happen that somebody complains about Sultana.
- What did Nurbanu do to you? - he asked me really worriedly.
- Nurbanu killed my two brothers. I returned home today, saw them dead, and a janissary man told me "Nurbanu Sultan sends her regards". - I told him from word to word how it has been.

All the people that sat in the circle were shocked by Sultana's acts.
- Why did Nurbanu kill your brothers? - lawyer asked me very worriedly.
- Because Şehzade Selim kidnapped me and took me to harem, even though I'm not a slave. Luckily, Hurrem Sultana sent me back home. - I told the lawyer.

Lawyer seemed to be really confused about that, he couldn't believe what he hears.
- Şehzade Selim kidnapped you and Nurbanu killed your brothers because she was jealous of you? - older man which was sitting next to lawyer asked me repeating my words.

- Excatly. - I said to him.
- Hatun, those are very serious accusations. Are you sure it was them? - lawyer asked me.
- I am very sure of it. Why would I come here to complain about something that didn't happen? - I told to lawyer which seemed to be pretty shocked about all the acts.

Lawyer signalised everyone to leave the room, except him, older man next to him and me.
- Hatun, what is your name? - older man asked me which confused me why does he wants to know my name.
- Nadia. - I told him.

- Dont worry, Selim and Nurbanu will be punished because of their acts. - he said giving me a smile. I was a bit confused why is he telling that to me instead of lawyer, but I stopped thinking about it.

After I told them everything, I returned to my home. I came into my house and started to clean pound of blood which was on my floor. I felt so bad about everything that happened to me, and none of that was my mistake.

Firstly, I was kidnapped into Selim's harem only because I got into a fight with him on a market. Secondly, Nurbanu was jealous because she thought Selim likes me, so she killed my brother.

I couldn't believe how is Nurbanu like that. How she doesn't have heart? She killed two innocent men because of her jealousy. I hated that type of people.

When I finished cleaning, I finally sat on my couch and wanted to take a bit of relax. I should stop thinking about what happened today, because that was hurting me so much. I felt empty inside. My brothers were really angry at me today. But I couldn't now think about that, because that with killed them. They died before we improved our relationship and that made me feel even worser. I took pieces of bracelet which Bayezid gave me and putted it in my hand. There was no way that could repare. That was only thing I had from him.

At that moment, somebody knocked on my door. I opened it and I saw Bayezid which was really happy.
- Nadia, what is that kind of face? What happened to you? - he asked me worriedly when he saw me sad.

I looked at the street trying to make sure nobody is watching.
- Come inside. - I told him in cold voice.

He came inside, and first thing he could se was million parts of broken necklace he gave me.
- What happened to this? - he asked me disappointedly. I had a feeling he thought I broke it.

I sat on my couch and he sat next to me. I needed few moments before I could tell everything to him.
- My two brothers came today. They found out about you and they were really angry on me. My brother took that necklace and broke it because he didn't want me to have anything from you. He wanted me to return to Russia with them. - I told him sadly.

- Nadia. I wont let you go to Russia. You have to stay here. - he told me worriedly and looked at me.
I just sighed and then looked at his eyes really deeply.
- There is no way I could go with them in Russia because Nurbanu Sultan killed them today. - I told him sadly.

- Nurbanu? - he asked really shockedly and very madly.
- Yes. - I told him quietly. My eyes were full of tears. My heart felt such a pain because of that. I started crying even though I didn't want to show my emotional side to Bayezid.

He came closer to me and hugged me. I couldn't believe he hugged me. I felt so warm in his arms, but my tears were falling across my face.
- Nurbanu and Selim want to destroy my life, and I haven't done anything. - I told him while I was crying.
- Nadia. They will pay for everything, I promise you. - he told me as he kissed my forehead.

At that moment, I realised what happened. I got out of his hug and sat away from me.
- You shouldn't touch me, Bayezid. - I told him.
- I just wanted to comfort you. Sorry if I did anything wrong to you. - he told me really sadly, like he haven't excepted this kind of reaction from me.

I used my handkerchief to stop the tears that were falling across my face. I wanted to pull myself together and not let Bayezid see my sensitive and sensitive side.

- Nadia. I am leaving tonight. I want to know what have you decided. Are you staying here, or you are going in Kutahya with me? - he asked me while he was looking deeply into my eyes with a hope I would say yes

What do you think? Will Nadia go with Bayezid, or will she stay in Istanbul?