36th Chapter

I was getting ready for dinner with Bayezid, Suleyman, Hurrem and Mihrimah when someone knocked on my doors. I said to aghas on my doors to let in the person.

I turned around and I saw Hurrem Sultana came into my chambers. I got up from my chair and bowed to her.

- Sultanim! - I said to her and smiled acting like everything is the same.

- How you can look at me without any shame when you want to sabotage my son and send him into death? Selim is my son the same way Bayezid is! - Hurrem said to me angrily.

- So you found out that Selim poisoned Bayezid and you did nothing about it. You can't tell your sons are equal to you when you want to defend Selim and don't care that we almost lost Bayezid. - I said to her trying to make feel guilty, as she deserved.

- Who are you to talk like this with me? You are also mother so you should understand me. I was really worried for Bayezid and I prayed to God that everything is fine. But I don't want to see my son Selim dying because of you. - Hurrem yelled on me.

- Bayezid almost died because of Selim and you still try to make Selim look innocent

- Bayezid almost died because of Selim and you still try to make Selim look innocent. I never make difference between my children, I even adopted Handan as my own daughter and love her equal as all other children. And you make difference between your blood. That is how different we are. - I said to her and raised my head.

- If anything bad happens to Selim its going to be because of you. As you are mother you should know what pain it would be for me to lose a child. I already lost my Mehmed and Cihangir, and you want to take Selim away from me. - she said to me.

- Selim wanted to take Bayezid away from you and you still don't care. - I said to her.

- If you love your life, you will shut up about that. Sultan won't find out what happened. - Hurrem threatened to me.

- What can you do? Kill me because I care for life of your son Bayezid even more than you do? Because I love and care for him even more than you do? - I asked her and saw she is being really anxious about this talk. I knew its hard for her because they are both her sons, but she had double standards for them.