28th Chapter

I was preparing to go to sleep, when suddendly Sumbul-aga knocked on my doors.

- Aslihan Sultana, its important! Come with me! - he said to me. I was afraid what it could be. Usually no one comes to chambers this late.

- What happened? Where should I go? - I asked Sumbul as I was confused what is happening.

- Sultan Suleyman called everyone in his chambers, he said its emergency! - Sumbul said to me.

I went with him immediatley because I knew its about Nurbanu. Only problem to me was that I knew Hurrem Sultan is there also and that she may find what I did. But I will keep playing my game. I won't do whatever Hurrem orders me. She may think I am loyal to her, but I won't be.

Aghas opened the doors of chambers and I saw Hurrem, Bayezid, Selim, Nurbanu and Mihrimah are already there with Sultan. I bowed to them all.

Hurrem looked at me angrily, like she knew what have I done. But now, Hurrem can't do anything against me.

- When you are all here, I must talk with you all about bad situations that we had in our Palace during the last few days. - Suleyman said seriously and I could see Nurbanu is shaking. She was afraid of what is going to happen with her.

- I think its enough that my sons are fighting each other, but now even their favourites are fighting. This is too much now. - Suleyman yelled angrily on all of us.

I never saw Sultan being so angry, even though I haven't seen him many times, he was never this angry.

He was looking each one of us with such an angriness, and then his look stopped at me.

- Aslihan, will you tell us what happened yesterday in your chambers? - Suleyman asked me.

At the first moment, I've felt afraid. Everyone turned to me to see what I am goint to say. Hurrem looked at me like she is ready to start beating me if I say something wrong.

- Only thing that I remember from yesterday, Hunkarim, is that Nurbanu Sultan visited me. Everything else stayed blurry to me because she hit me in my head. - I said to him looking really serious.

After that, I turned my head to see Hurrem which seemed pretty happy with my answer.

For sure if Hurrem and Nurbanu weren't here, I would say the truth

For sure if Hurrem and Nurbanu weren't here, I would say the truth. But I didn't want to get Meryem Kalfa in trouble anymore. She risked to save me, and I will be thankful to her always because of this.

- Have you recovered after it? Are you fine now? - Suleyman asked me worriedly.

- Thank God, I am fine, Hunkarim. - I smiled to him.

- I heard one thing which is a big problem to me. And I need to know if its truth. Maid which was in Aslihan's room while she was with Nurbanu, told me one interesting thing. - Suleyman said and looked at Nurbanu and Selim.