67th Chapter

- May God bless You. Let your honesty be your riding horse, your truth saber, Exalted God is the peak of your demand. - I said to Bayezid when I came into his chambers to finally congradulate him.

- Amin, thank you my love. - Bayezid said to me as he took me in his warm hug. I was so happy to see my beloved husband becoming Sultan of the Ottoman Empire.

- When I met you for the first time, I could never imagine I would live to see this day. To see you becoming Sultan. - I said to him as we stepped on the Terrace of Sultan's chambers, now Bayezid's chambers.

- I never thought I would become Sultan one day, but God was on my side and helped me to do it. - Bayezid said as he seemed not really happy about everything that happened.

- I see there is something on your mind which doesnt let you be so happy on this day

- I see there is something on your mind which doesnt let you be so happy on this day. - I said to him as I didn't want to see him so sad on this day.

- I heard for everything that happened, I knew you cooperated with Mihrimah and Lala and you made everything to make the throne for me, but you all took too much innocent lives. - Bayezid said to me and looked at another way.

- We did whatever was important to save you, if we wouldnt, today we would look at you leaving this Palace in coffin. - I said to him seriously this time.

- Suleyman, Ismihan, Gevherhan, Şah, Rana. What have they all done to you? - Bayezid asked me with disgust. I couldn’t believe he is acting like this.

- You can blame me for the death of Şah Sultan, but nothing else out of that wasn't my idea. And I had big reason why I done that. - I said to him and came closer to him looking him seriously deep in his eyes.

- What could make you kill an Ottoman Sultana? Yes, she wanted to put Suleyman on the throne, but I would come in that moment and stop her. You killed her in front of everyone. How could you done that? You know that you deserve the highest possible punishment for killing someone from Ottoman Dynasty! - Bayezid yelled at me looking me with disgust. I couldn’t believe what he is telling to me.

- Maybe if you knew the real reason I did that, maybe you would understand

- Maybe if you knew the real reason I did that, maybe you would understand. You already start with attacking me and you didn't even asked for my explanation. - I said to him as I raised my head in front of him.

- I am Sultan now Aslihan and I can do whatever I want. Lala, Mihrimah and you will be all punished because of what have you done and you don't need to give me any explanation. - Bayezid yelled on me, which made my heart break. Why have I done anything for him to ascend the throne when he doesnt even care for that. If I were smarter, I would leave him in dungeon and put my son on the throne.

- If I wouldnt stop Mihrimah and Lala, they would also kill Suleyman. I saved life of your son, Bayezid. - I said to him coldly, but he didn't care.

- He also should get punishment, no one can put my son on the throne while I am alive. - Bayezid yelled on me angrily.

- How can you punish poor child which didn't do anything wrong? It's his mother and aunts who wanted to put him on the throne. He was aftaid for the whole time. - I said to him as I couldn't believe what is he talking about. How could he even think of punishing his sons?

- You can't mix into the things I am doing now Aslihan. I know I wouldnt be here without your help, but everything what you did was too much. Suleyman will be punished because I can't have a threat for me in Palace. - Bayezid said angrily to me. I wanted to fight him in this moment, because I was shocked by his behaviour.

- What kind of father can you be when you are going to kill your son even if he did nothing? - I yelled on him angrily.

- I have four other princes and now you shouldn't even again question my words. - Bayezid came closer to me and slapped me across the face which made me fall down on the floor.

I couldn’t believe what is he doing now. For the first time in my life, Bayezid hurted me. But not emotionally this time. I would never think he would slap me to make me fall.

I was laying on the floor not moving because I didn't want to look at him anymore. That wasn't man I knew.

- Get up. - he yelled angrily on me like he had never before so I got up.

- You better never try to annoy me as much as you did this time. I won't tolerate your behaviour and you will be punished also. - Bayezid said to me angrily.

I couldn’t look at him anymore. I couldn’t believe he would do something like this.

- Maybe you should think about your words once again, because you don't have four princes anymore, you have two of them

- Maybe you should think about your words once again, because you don't have four princes anymore, you have two of them. - I said to him and turned around to leave his chambers, but he ran after me and took my hand.

- What should that mean? - he asked me in distrust as his mood changed from angry to confused.

- You said you don't want any explanation so I don't think if you need it now. Before you started attacking me and slapped me maybe you should ask me what happened. - I said to him trying to leave his chambers, but he was holding my arm so strongly that I couldn't move anymore.

- Aslihan, tell me. What is with my princes? - Bayezid yelled on me angrily, but this time I could see he was scared for the life of his sons.

- Şah Sultan killed them with rope in front of my eyes. That's why I did to her what she deserved. She killed my Mustafa and Ibrahim. - I said to him as tears were already in my eyes, and I saw he can't believe what he hears.