Ch 63

하은

It has been a few weeks ever since my older brother collapsed and got admitted to the hospital and he got out in a few days, things have been going pretty slow and boring. NamJoon and I are still trying to find time to see each other and it is hard for me to see him because I have worked all the time and he has worked all the time as well, the only thing that has been keeping the both of us sane is calling each other every single night before we go to bed, his voice just makes me so comforting and it is the thing to wrap up my long and stressful day.

I wished that we stayed together so that we would still get to see each other all the time even though we would miss each other in the day, but the thing is that it is still a bit too early for that especially we are still new in our relationship and it hasn't passed a year. I don't exactly know the appropriate time frame for partners take to move in together but I know that it is not that soon and it is going to be a huge decision for both of us.

Throughout our relationship so far, we haven't done anything intimate with each other and he has been respectful with my choices of not moving too quickly into our relationship but I feel like I am being the one who is old-fashioned in here, dating someone for nearly 6 months and thinking that cohabiting with that person is still a little too fast.

"Have you guys even talked about it face to face?" Eunhee asked me and the two girls nodded their heads, it is my time to host the monthly sleepover at my place and as usual, they are always trying to figure where my relationship is and how it should be done better.

I shook my head. "That is what exactly my problem is, I feel like it is just about the time that we should move in together and share our expenses but isn't that too fast in our relationship?" I asked them and I turned towards Yongrim who is the most experienced one out of the four of us, I mean that she is married for the past decade and she has two beautiful daughters and a loving husband as evidence. "What do you even think about that, Kang Yongrim?"

She hid a 4-year relationship way back in university and she was also the only one who didn't live in the hostels, she did stay with us for the first 2 years and that was when we knew each other but she suddenly told us that she needed to move back home because she needed to take care of a sick family member. So she used that excuse to move into the same apartment as her then-boyfriend who is now her husband...

"I was already living with that man ever since I started university, it was a few months after we enrolled and we stayed together and even got married." I gasped, she was even bolder than I had thought. "I just lied to you guys that I slept in the dormitories when I go back to our apartment every night."

"How much you are in love to be able to stay with him from the very start and to stay with him when you just started to know him?" Seo AeRan asked her. "Because you didn't seem to show that much affection towards him, it is always a short kiss and you go about your day and you don't text him or anything like that."

"He was there and he was compatible with me so we ended up together, I couldn't find anyone better than him and he was extremely good-looking as well, I was afraid that all the pretty girls would go after him and I wouldn't have a chance so I took him before anyone else would." She replied, a tiny blush appeared on her cheeks and we all squealed, I can't believe that I am seeing my tough friend show some shyness for the first time in 10 years.

"You didn't move in with him until he proposed to you right?" I asked Shin Eunhee who is the best at making herself invisible so we won't have to involve her in the conversation, she just doesn't like to talk a lot and she would silently sip on her glass of wine for the rest of the night.

She nodded her head. "My family was against me moving in with him because they were afraid that we might have too much intimacy that a baby might pop up and we would have to get married to take responsibility and he only proposed to me when we were both ready, but the thing is that there isn't time to get intimate and that is the reason why I am still able to drink alcohol even though I have been married for a year."

"It's okay, we are still young and you don't need to have a baby so early." Seo AeRan said and she looked at me. "All of us gave our opinions already, you should know what exactly to do now."

Kang Yongrim pointed a finger towards her. "You haven't said anything yet, you are dating that composer for the same amount of time right? Do you have any plans to move in with him?" She took a huge gulp of the wine. "Forget it, I bet that you are going to say that you are going to break up with him sometime soon and you are going to end up single again."

"He works a lot and he spends most of the time in his studio, if we did move in together, it would just be as if I didn't move in together with him and I am still living on my own. He is way too busy to make this kind of a decision as well, so it is not needed for us to move in together." Seo AeRan said. "That was why I said that my opinion didn't matter at all, and I feel like we are going to break up soon." She began to wail and all of us just threw her a box of tissue paper, she usually doesn't cry over men whom she dated, she usually moves onto the next guy without any hard feelings at all. Could it be that she finally found the one that she wanted to marry?