Ch 69

하은

"You look awfully happy today, boss." My secretary said to me as soon as I came to work. "You normally look like you want to murder someone but you are smiling as soon as you walk in, did something good happen last night?"

"Did something bad happened to me last night?" I giggled to myself and I remembered NamJoon's face and his sexy body, I can't believe that someone who works on music in his dance studio can be that ripped without all of those clothes.

"Something did happen but I am glad that it happened for you, everyone is talking about how you became a different person ever since you started dating that idol. You should've dated him years ago and you would not have people not liking you because you shout at them for not doing work." Lee HwaYeon clapped her hands together in delight.

"If I don't do the things that I specifically told me to do, would you be mad at me? You will feel like killing me right, that is how I feel every single time someone in the office didn't do the things that I wanted and it makes me so angry that I want to rip them apart but I can't because I would go to jail and yelling at them is the other alternative." I sat down at my desk. "Bring in my cup of coffee and get lost, I have far more important things to do than talking to you, better keep an eye on the other employees as well. Don't forget, you are my secretary and you are supposed to be better than them, there will be no reason to choose you if you are the same as them."

"Yes, boss. Don't ever break up with NamJoon ssi, you will regret it and millions of fans will come after you." She said that and she closed the door, I let out a huge sigh and I looked out of the glass panels, noticing that my employees are all looking at me and I grabbed the remote controller and I pressed the button that makes my clear glass windows tinted so that they would not be able to see me from outside.

People are always so nosy about other people's business and that is one personality trait that I don't really like about people and that can't be helped, they are nosy by nature and there is nothing that we can do to make it better, for them to stop bothering me. But I get why they are paying so much attention to me, I am not dating an ordinary salary man who makes just enough money to pay the bills and to make ends meet, I am meeting someone whose face that everyone knows and he is a huge icon in the industry and he chose to date me because I am Bang HaEun.

That has been my worry ever since I started NamJoon 5 months ago, I am nothing to his fame but I am his boss's daughter, people are going to pay attention to me even if I don't want to and that was why I tried so hard to hide my family in fear that they might use it to blackmail me. I never told anyone that I don't know that both my father and my older brother is the CEO of an entertainment company and I am dating a superstar, only the people close to knowing about it and that includes my university friends that I am still free with till this date.

I continued to work until night because I have nothing on and NamJoon is not going to come back early either, the both of us have really busy lives and we hardly get to see each other's faces and I am glad that we decided to move in together, even if I don't get to see him in the morning, I will still be able to wake him in his arms.

A phone call comes and I was hoping that it is NamJoon asking me to return home soon but it is just Yongrim. "Yes, Yongrim? What's the matter?"

"What's the matter? I have a reason to call you." She sounded kind of mad for some reason and I have no idea why, all I know is that she probably still has a hangover from last night. "Do you even know what day is today?"

I looked over at my calendar and I looked at today's date, September 5th 2025, it is the 5th day of September and today is a Friday. Oh, it is just my birthday... "I don't need to celebrate my birthday, you know how old I am."

"You are turning 30 years old, that is a huge milestone for you to take in your life, people at this time would usually get married and have kids." She said.

"Which is what you have already done in your twenties, you are just going to rot in your thirties," I said to her. "Where are we going to have dinner at? Has anyone made any reservations yet?"

"At the usual place, just stop whatever you are going and leave the office immediately. I know that you are the last person in the office and your secretary has gone back a long time ago." She said. "I will come in to drag you out if you don't budge."

I let out a sigh, I guess that my birthday is more important than my work, but I still got so much work to do and it is all due this week. I tidied up my office and took my belongings, Kang Yongrim is indeed outside of the boutique and she is not looking that pleased seeing me work on my birthday and not having a clue that it is my birthday today.

"Finally you came out, I can't believe that you forgot your birthday, it is the day that you are born and you forgot about it." She said, putting an arm around my shoulders. "But it is okay, I will make you remember your birthday for the rest of your life because tonight will be really special for you."