Chapter 29

Troy got the kids up and ready for school at roughly 7. Lottie was complaining of a headache so Troy called Carly to take fizzy and louis to school. He gave the girl some medicine. He helped her get comfortable back on her bed and shut the windows' drapes to make her room dark. Once Lottie fell asleep, he went out of the room, leaving the door ajar. He went downstairs to tidy the house up. Troy messaged his wife to say lottie had a headache so he wouldn't visit that day. Once he had done some chores he checked on his daughter.

He found her asleep and decided to check her temperature just in case she could come up with a fever too. Thankfully, she hadn't come to that point yet. He left the room again and finished with the house.

Once Troy was done he grabbed himself a bite to eat but stopped half through as he heard lottie calling for him. He quickly went upstairs to her bedroom. "I'm here, sweetie. What do you need?" Troy asked her, sitting with her on the bed. "It hurts" she whimpered. Troy gave the girl some more medicine and some water. Before massaging her head. Lottie snuggled into his side as they rested in bed, Troy still massaging her head. Lottie fell back to sleep.

Jay sent him a message wishing for Lottie to get better, having just woken up and read what Troy sent her. Troy drifted off to sleep next to Lottie. Few minutes later, Lottie woke up shaking Troy. "Daddy, dizzy" she whimpered. Troy woke up. "Huh?" He asked half asleep "Hurts and dizzy" Lottie whined and whimpered. Troy scooped her up and took her to the bathroom in case she needed to throw up. He also looked around for a washcloth to wet with cold water to help Lottie with the headache. Lottie just whimpered. "I'm going to place the thermometer under your arm" troy told the girl as he comforted her. Lottie threw up in the toilet while waiting for the thermometer to beep. She whined at the headache she was having.

The thermometer beeped and Troy checked it. He wetted the washcloth and got Lottie back in bed, placing the washcloth on her to help lowering the fever. Then he laid down next to her. Troy went on his phone as lottie slept. "Everything alright over there?" Jay messaged Troy. "Yeah. Lottie is asleep next to me, with a little fever. Anything new with Harry?" Troy messaged back. "Oh, hope it helps her. And, nothing new. Harry is asleep. Anne and I are having breakfast at the moment." Jay replied. "That's good. Send them my greetings" Troy messaged back. "Sure, I will." Jay texted.

Lottie woke up a while later. "How you feeling?" Troy asked her. "A bit better. Not 100%, yet" Lottie said still half asleep. Troy nodded. "Can I have some water please?" Lottie asked. "Sure" Troy stood up to fill a glass with water and brought it to Lottie, who drank it little by little. "Do you want to eat something?" Troy asked her. Lottie shrugged not really feeling up to do it at the moment. "I think you should try something. A slice of toast" Troy suggested.

Lottie groaned at the idea but accepted the suggestion. Troy went downstairs to make the toast for her. Lottie laid back down after leaving the water next to her. When Troy brought it back he propped the girl up who cautiously ate the slice of toast. She managed to eat the whole slice and drink more water. Then, the two of them laid in bed for a while more. Lottie fell asleep, her headache feeling slightly better. Troy stayed with her, cuddling as he had already finished with the house. It ended up being only a bad migraine.

....................................................................................

Harry woke up groaning. His tummy still didn't feel good. Jay put her phone down and held the bucket for him.. Harry vomited in the bucket. Anne woke up to this and helped him, massaging his back and tummy, saying soothing words to her boy. Harry soon stopped vomiting and snuggled into his mum who just hugged him and ruffled his hair.

Jay sighed. "One of my girls is sick at home too. Troy's not coming today" She said. Harry looked at her "Lottie has a headache. She is gonna be fine. She has her daddy at home with her" Jay told him. Harry nodded and snuggled further into his mum. Anne kissed his hair as she hugged him. "I'm gonna ask for coffee, do you want some?" Jay asked Anne. "Ok, thank you" Anne said. Jay called a nurse and asked her to bring two cups of coffee. The nurse nodded and went to the canteen to get the coffees for them.