Chapter 24

The social workers meeting had finished. She was talking to her boss about harry's case who agreed and they contacted the Specialist Children's Hospital and got Harry a bed on one of the wards for the following day. "Tell them, if Hgets ill overnight, to bring him in earlier. But, contact us first. As he may be put on a different ward" they informed her. "Sure, I will do all that. thank you" the social worker said and immediately went back to the hospital to personally talk to Jay. She drove as fast as she could to get there before Harry gets discharged from the hospital and sent back home.

She got to the room and gestured at Jay to go outside the room with her. "I have a bed in another hospital for Harry to be in tomorrow. My boss helped me find it. But, he told me to tell you that if Harry gets ill overnight, take him to the hospital tonight. Don't wait till tomorrow. Just contact me first before you take him there, so I can talk to my boss as Harry may be put in a different ward than the one he would be put if he is admitted tomorrow" The social worker said.

Thank you so much for everything" Jay said. "No worries we are just waiting on a diagnosis before we can get harry back to his mum and sister" the social worker said. Jay went back into the room as the nurse came back with the paper work.

They walked back into the room to find harry leaning over a bowl. "Oh harry" Jay said. "Damn... Sorry" The nurse said sheepishly. "As he is being discharged, there's no more prescriptions for fluids or meds" She said looking at Jay. "I don't think you can wait till tomorrow. You need to take him to a hospital sooner." The nurse said looking at the three adults after helping with cleaning the boys vomit from him and changing his clothes and the bed sheets.

"I'll make the call and get him a bed at the children's hospital" the social worker said. "Thanks" jay said as she grabbed another bowl. Harry threw up all the food he had managed to have that morning. Jay rubbed the boys back. Harry whined and sobbed in between heaves "Home, Loulou!". He continued to throw up until emptying his stomach. "I'm sorry, baby. I'm sorry it can't be now. But we need to get you back to be healthy to go home" Jay said as she continued to rub his back to comfort him.

Harry nodded sadly. "You are going to a different hospital to make you better" the nurse said as she took the vomit bowl from Jay. Harry whined again not liking the idea. He wanted to be able to play again with his friend and go to school. And more importantly, be back with his family. He really missed his healthy life around the people he loves. "It's ok, sweetie. We are going to get you better and home really soon" Jay told Harry as she cuddled him after cleaning his face.

"Can I just get you to take his temperature before we go?" jay asked the nurse. "Of course" she said, placing the thermometer in his ear. The social worker came back in. "The bed is ready in the ward I have told you to go. They are waiting for us. Are we ready?" The social worker asked. "Yes, just waiting for the thermometer to show his current temperature" Jay said. Seconds later the thermometer beeped and the nurse checked it. "Low fever, take him soon so that it can be taken down before it rise. Also, take some of these wash cloths and medicines for the drive" The nurse said after giving Harry some of the medicine. Jay picked Harry up after signing the discharge papers and Troy packed Harry's belongings and theirs carrying them to the car. The social worker followed them out.

"Do you want me to come or shall I check on Harry in the next couple of days" the social worker asked. "Check him in the next couple of days. Please. I know this change of plans is stressing him too. Let's wait for everything to calm down. I'll keep you updated." Jay said as she put Harry in the car seat and put the seat belt on him, before she got in next to him and closed the door, leaving the window opened. "Okay. See you in a few days. Get better, Harry" The social worker said and walked to her car.

Harry waved to this women. Jay got in the car and sat next to Harry. The boy lay his head on her shoulder. Troy got in the car after putting the last of their things in the boot and drove to the other hospital. Harry fell asleep for the first bit, but soon threw up all over himself and Jay's shoulder. Jay sighed. "What happened?" Troy asked focused on the road trying to drive as fast but save as he could. "He threw up all over himself and my shoulder. But, don't stop. Let's just get there soon. We really need to have the answers we hadn't received yet" Jay said.