Chapter 33

Anne groaned in her sleep and Jay rushed over holding a bowl but as Anne opened her eyes she shook her head. Jay sighed helping the woman up, pulling the drip stand along and helping Anne into the bathroom leaving her for some privacy. Anne went into the toilet with a bout of diarrhoea. She cleaned herself and fixed her clothes before going back to the bed. Jay helped her back into bed. Harry stirred just then and opened his eyes. He whimpered at the sight of his mum in bed and hooked to fluids as him. He knew she was ill as well. Jay went to comfort him, knowing Anne wasn't able at the moment.

'Shhh it's ok, mummy just has a little tummy bug and the dr is making her better." Jay said as she kissed the boy's forehead and cuddled him. Harry snuggled into Jay, sniffling as he tried to calm down.

Anne was exhausted and fell back to sleep. Jay sighed and relaxed after Anne and Harry fell back asleep. She decided to ask for some light breakfast for when they wake up. It was only for her and Anne as Harry still wasn't eating just relying on his PN. The person serving meals said she would be back later. Jay thanked her and closed her eyes for a bit, needing some rest herself.
............................................................................................................................

Troy sighed hoping louis or the girls didn't get it, even himself as he cuddled the boy during his visits. He decided to check on his kids hourly that night, even if that meant he would be exhausted in the morning for their daily routine.

Carly decided to drive to Jay and Troy's to help him with the kids. She made herself in and went upstairs to let Troy know she was there. Troy thanked her but decided to stick to his original plan anyway, which he mentioned to her.

Troy got up and went to get the girls and Louis ready, smiling as they all seemed fine. Troy went to make breakfast for them all, toast and cereal. Carly went downstairs and into the kitchen and had breakfast. She was glad everyone seemed to be fine at the moment. Carly offered Troy to take the kids to school, and back from school if needed, and let him rest, knowing how worried he was the previous night and not being sure if he slept well.

Troy nodded and phoned Jay to see how they all were. His wife couldn't answer the phone as she was comforting Anne, who was throwing up. Harry gagged at seeing his mummy throw up. Jay rushed over and wasn't sure if it was because of Harry's weak stomach or if he was coming down with gastroenteritis. Jay buzzed for the nurses. A nurse came to check on Harry. She calmed him down and tried to distract him. "It's just his weak stomach and distress from seeing his mummy sick too" The nurse said, rubbing Harry's back. Anne finished vomiting. The nurse then did Anne's vitals. "I don't want to upset Haz, can I go in another.... Quick bathroom" she changed. The nurse helped Anne into the bathroom and helped her sit on the toilet and gave her privacy. The nurse understood what Anne was saying and thought it might be best to do if it was making Harry be sick too.

"Go get a room ready for her. And, if possible, a nurse to stay with her permanently. Meanwhile, I'll stay permanently with Harry" Jay said after Anne and the nurse were back, knowing she was the only member from both families who could stay at the hospital at the moment. It wasn't possible to get a nurse to stay with Anne the whole time but they would keep a very close eye on her.

When the room was ready, two nurses came and wheeled Anne's bed that they had brought in for her while unwell to the other room. Jay cuddled Harry and told him his mum was a bit icky. "Will mummy be ok? Want mummy, Jay Jay" Harry sobbed, not liking to be away from Anne again. "I know but the drs and nurses are making mummy better. Mummy also doesn't want to make you icky." Jay said as she hugged him. Harry nodded and tried to relax in Jay's arms. "Toons, please" Harry asked. Jay quickly complied and searched for Harry's cartoons on her phone. Harry watched them, getting easily distracted by them and forgetting about what happened before. Harry laughed as he watched Paw Patrol. Jay smiled at this.