🦅 Ep.14: The Stanchurian Candidate 🦅

~~~~~~~~~Your POV~~~~~~~~~

The day started like any other. Leo and I woke up, had breakfast, and fought an occasional gnome on our way to work. I decided to bring Aiden with me this time, I hadn't brought him over since that time Wendy's friends nearly killed him.

Once at the shack, I was a bit surprised that Stan was nowhere in sight, but I didn't think much of it at the time.

Apparently the kitchen light had broken, so Ford invented his own which would last a thousand years while giving us softer school. Definitely an impressive thing to make, and everyone else thought so too.

Then I got another feeling.

Stan stood by the doorway, seeing everyone cheer for Ford as he held a small bag of lightbulbs.

"Does anyone see this?!" Mabel pointed at Ford. "This is what a hero looks like right here!!"

Stan's expression was serious when he spoke. "I thought we were out of lightbulbs."

"Oh, we were!" Ford jumped down from the stool. "So I invented my own! It will last a thousand years and the light it emits makes your skin softer!"

"Never have I known such softness!" Soos smiled as he caressed his own face.

"Anyway, where were you?"

Stan didn't respond, and simply let the bag of lightbulbs fall inside the trash can before leaving.

I felt bad, I could see why he thought he was getting replaced by Ford. There was no doubt that he cared deeply for his family, Dipper and Mabel were everything to him, so to see them praise Ford much more must be painful..

About an hour went by after that. Leo and I stayed with the twins as they ate breakfast even though we already had our own, so I mostly just watched as Waddles and Aiden chased each other.

"This just in. The mayor dead." Our eyes widened as a voice from the other room spoke, the four of us quickly heading to the living room, seeing the news on the tv.

Dipper raised an eyebrow. "What's going on?!?"

"Raised by bears in the wilderness, mayor Eustace Huckabone Befufflefumpter was best known for raising the water tower, possible starting World War I, and putting town menace Gideon Gleeful behind bars, in actual adult prison. A memorial statue is already being carved in the deceased mayor's honor." The reporter then began to cry, a man beside her starting to comfort her. "I'm sorry, it's just been so long since we've had real news.. I'm just so happy!"

Another voice from the tv spoke. "There will be a town hall meeting this afternoon to discuss replacing him."

"New mayor, huh?" Stan scratched his chin. "Wonder who it could be."

I turned to him. "How about we go see?"

"You read my mind, kid."

The town hall was packed with people, but we managed to find seats for ourselves. Aiden missed being snuggled inside by back, so he was pretty calm during the whole thing.

"Alright. Order, order, everyone, calm down now! We're here to choose a mayor for the first time in almost a century. According to the town charter.." Blubs unrolled what seemed to be an old scroll. "A worthy candidate is defined as anyone who can cast a shadow, count to ten, and throw their hat into the provided ring."