👾Ep.10: Fight Fighters 👾

~~~~~~~~~Dipper's POV~~~~~~~~~

Soos had decided to bring us all to the arcade. Mabel and Stan weren't fan of these sorts of games, but (y/n) and I came to hang out here often, so I decided to bring Wendy along this time!

At the moment, we were playing one of my favorite games, Fight Fighters, and I had just one the round.
I raised an arm in victory, Wendy looking at me. "What? You cheated!"

"You take that back!" I laughed after mimicking one of the voices from the game, and she laughed too, this was going great!

"Round two!!!"

"I'm gonna punch the referee!" Wendy said as she started to press buttons.

I snickered, doing the same as her. "Let's gang up on him!"

However, I felt a chill go down my spine at the sound of Robbie's voice, and I turned to see him now wrapping an arm around her. "Wendyyy, what's up, babe? Yeah, just putting up some fliers for my band. I'm lead guitar, no biggie."

I tilted my head a bit as I looked at the flyer he showed. "Are you wearing mascara?"

"Uh, it's eye paint for men." He said, though it sounded more of a question.

Wendy smiler. "Oh hey Robbie! Dipper was just showing me this great game!"

"Oh yeah, sweet sweet." That's when he stood beside me and pushed me to the side. "How's about you sit this one out, k champ?"

I bit my lip, not really wanting to say anything problematic. "But.. we just stared this round.."

"Whoa whoa whoa, hey, relax, man. I'm just trying to spend a little time with my girlfriend, alright?"

Wendy peeked at me from behind Robbie, giving me a sheepish smile. "It'll just be one round."

"Round three, FIGHT!!!"

As they began playing, Wendy starting to explain. "So hey, I'm going camping tomorrow with my dad so I won't be around-"

"Oh cool, cool, yeah!!!" I could tell Robbie wasn't paying any attention to her, which made my blood boil.

He was such a jerk!

Realizing I wasn't gonna get to play with Wendy again, I let out a sigh and began to walk away. However, when I turned the corner, I accidentally bumped into someone.

Thankfully, it was (y/n) who I bumped into. "Whoa, you doing okay, PT?"

I forced on a smile, nodding. "Yeah, I'm fine.."

She didn't believe me, obviously, I was never the best at lying. Then, placing a hand on my shoulder, she smiled. "How about we ditch this place for a bit? I know this great ice cream place nearby, it'll get you away from your Wendy troubles."

The idea didn't sound bad at all, so I nodded in response and left with her. It was a small shop, but had a lot of different flavors.

We both ordered tripled scoops, each one a completely different flavor, but they were really good!

As we walked down the sidewalk, I noticed a small group of kids our age looking in our direction, laughing and mumbling things to each other. I suddenly felt self conscious about myself, looking around me to see if there was anything embarrassing on me.

"It's not you, Pinetree." I looked up at (y/n), who just continued to walk casually. "Just basic bullies from school who have nothing better to do in their summer vacation. Kinda sad actually."