🧦 Ep.4: Sock Opera 🧦

~~~~~~~~~Dipper's POV~~~~~~~~~

The day started with (y/n), Leo, Mabel, and I in the Gravity Falls library. A few days ago at the bunker, Soos had found a briefcase which turned out to be a broken computer.

Soos was able to fix it though, and we met up here to finally see what it had inside. I smiled at the thought. "Alright, guys, today's the big day!"

"Big day!!!"

"Soos finally fixed up the laptop. If this thing works, we could learn the identity of the author and unravel the greatest mysteries of Gravity Falls! You guys ready?"

"Hell yeah!!!"

"Open it!!!" (y/n) yelled after Leo.

I placed it on the table, opening it as it began to beep. "This is it, this is it...!!!"

It had 'Welcome' above a lot of symbols, all of smiling as (y/n) yelled in excitement. "It worked!!!"

"Haha, YEAH!!!" Mabel raised her arms in success.

Beep

I looked over, groaning at the computer. "Ugh, of course! A password!"

"Don't you worry, bro bro!" Mabel placed a hand on my shoulder. "With our four brains together, there is literally nothing that can distract us from-! Did you hear that?"

We all turned around to see a boy who was surrounded by several children. He had bright blonde hair wrapped in a ponytail, bright blue eyes, and an obnoxious voice. He also had a puppet in each hand, singing with a smile.

"All my life I've been dreaming, of a love that's right for me! And now I finally know her name and it's- sing with me kids."

"Literacy!!!"

"I finally understand what all the buzz is about! Reading!!!" He spoke with the Bee puppet, then the Book puppet. "Gimme some of that honey!!!" He began to make the puppets make out, making me horribly cringe.

Eesh this guy was weird.

Mabel, on the other hand, had different idea. She had raised a pop-up book that opened with a heart, making beating sounds as she stared at the boy. "Ba-bump, ba-bump!"

"Oh boy."

"Thank you, thank you!" He said as the children cheered.

"Just when I was accepting my loneliness, of course you show up at my doorstep!!!" She had her hands on her cheeks, staring at the boy.

I didn't care about any of it, until (y/n) softly nudged my arm, both of us looking over at Leo. He was now crossing his arms and slightly gripping his sleeves, staring at Mabel with a defeated look.

(y/n) and I exchanged a glance of worry; Leo must've noticed our expressions because he quickly regained his composure, letting out a heavy sigh. "So, password, what do we got?"

I took out a book from one of the shelves. "Okay, this cryptology book says there's 7.2 million eight letter words. I'll type, you guys read."

"Uh, Pinetree?"

I noticed (y/n) pointing away, and I saw Mabel already making her way to the boy. I let out a sigh, shaking my head a bit. "Three heads is good enough."

We typed in a few passwords before Mabel walked back over. We could tell Leo was pretty salty about it because of his tone of voice. "How'd that go?"

"Guys, how hard do you think it would be to write and compose a sock puppet rock opera with lights, original music, and live pyrotechnics by Friday?"