🦕Ep.2: Legend Of Gobblewonker🦕

~~~~~~~~~Dipper's POV~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few days since that incident with the gnome monster, and both Mabel and I continued to hang out with (y/n) more often. We had woken up a bit late today, and were now at the kitchen table eating breakfast.

"Are you ready for the ultimate challenge?!?" My sister asked as she held up a syrup bottle.

I held up another, smiling determinedly. "I'm always ready!!!"

"Then you know what this means!!!"

"Syrup race!!!" We said in synch before opening the syrup bottles and pointing then to our mouths as we waited for the syrup.

"Go Sir Syrup!!!"

"Go Mounty Man!!!"

"Almost... almost..." She slightly hit the bottom of the bottle which caused bit of syrup to land on her mouth. "Yes!!! I won!!!" She coughed at the action, and I rolled my eyes before grabbing the nearby newspaper.

"Hoho, no way! Hey, check this out!"

Mabel peeked over. "Human sized hamster ball?!? I'm human-sized!!!"

"No no, Mabel, this. We see weirder stuff than that everyday!" I said as I pointed at the paper. "We didn't get any pictures of those gnomes, did we?"

"Nope, just memories!!! And this beard hair!!!" She said as she pulled out a few locks of gray hair.

"Why did you save that...?" She shrugged in response to my question.

Stan soon walked in. "Good morning, knuckleheads! You guys know what day it is?!?"

"Um, happy anniversary?"

"Mazel tov!!!"

He hit my head with a newspaper. Why me?!? "It's Family Fun Day, genius!!!" He opens the fridge, looking around. "We're cutting off work to do one of those bonding type deals."

"Grunkle Stan, is this gonna be like our last family bonding day?" I asked as I remembered us coloring small pieces of paper in green.

Mabel shivered at the thought. "The county jail was so cold..."

He then walked over to us, placing a hand on our shoulders. "Alright, maybe I haven't been the best summer caretaker, but I swear today we're gonna have some real family fun! Now who wants to put on some blindfolds and get into my car?!?"

"Yay!!!!!"

"Wait what?"

And so Stan forced us to get in his car (WITH BLINDFOLDS). Mabel kept touching everything around her saying her 'other senses had enlightened'. The ride was quiet and bumpy, and we crashed when we got to our destination.

But we were fine!

Sort of.

"Okay okay, open them up!" Mabel and I did as told. I blinked a few times, adjusting to the sudden brightness, finding ourselves at the lake.

"Ta-da!!! It's fishing seasons!!!"

"Fishing?" Mabel said as she raised an eyebrow.

"What are you playing at, old man?" This was beyond suspicious.