🚐 Ep.16: Roadside Attraction 🚐

~~~~~~~~~Dipper's POV~~~~~~~~~

I had just finished my breakfast when I heard strange noises coming from outside, making me walk out of the shack. In front of it was Stan packing strange things into a large RV.

"Whoa, an RV? Camping gear?" An idea quickly came to mind. "Are you running from the law again?"

Soos looked over at me with a smile. "Dude, it's the ultimate Oregon road trip adventure!"

"More like revenge trip." Stan replied.

"Huh?"

"Every year the tourist trap competitor's prank the Mystery Shack. Last year those hooligans duck taped Soos to the ceiling."

Soos's smile never faded away. "That was a fun seventy eight hours!"

"Well, no more!!" He gave me an Oregon pamphlet. "This year we're visiting every tourist trap along the Redwood Highway and I'm gonna prank back every single one!!"

That's when Mabel and her friends walked over, Grenda raising her arms. "Bow-wow!!! Time to let the road dogs bark!!!"

"That is us!!! We are the road dogs!!!" Candy added.

Mabel walked over to Stan with a smile. "Thanks for letting me bring Candy and Grenda along for our road trip, Grunkle Stan!"

"The more the merrier!! Just sign these non-disclosure agreements." He gave Candy and Grenda some suspicious looking papers. "None of your parents are lawyers, right?"

"Feel relief that the aren't, Wrinkles." We all turned to the RV, seeing (y/n) and Leo walking over. Leo and Ms. (l/n) had been staying at the shack since the Cipher protection shield, and it was unfortunate that (y/n) couldn't stay with us..

Still, she'd always come over and we'd spend time together just outside the boarder before she headed home. Apparently I was the only one who didn't know about this road trip because Leo had left earlier to pick her up since her mom was at work.

Seriously, does no one tell me anything?!

(y/n) walked over to me, placing a kiss on my cheek. "You feeling okay?"

"Yeah, sorry, this is just a surprise for me."

"Dipper, you have to come with!! I already went through the of packing all your stuff~!!" She showed me a small box, making me shoot her a glare.

Still, I let out a sigh. "Of course I'll go."

I liked the idea, so much had happened recently so it'd be nice to take a small vacation day with everyone.

It only took a few minutes for everyone finish packing, and sooner than later, we were already on our way, the six of us sitting at a small table inside.

Grenda looked around in excitement. "Man, RVs are amazing!!! I can't believe we're sitting at a table in a moving vehicle!!!"

"Ooh! Informational travel pamphlets!" Candy picked one of them up. "I want to read them all and gain their travel knowledge!"

Stan rolled his eyes in reply. "Kid, those useless pamphlets have never helped a single person. The only wrinkly old travel guide you'll need is me."

"So you admit you're full of wrinkles!"

"Don't push your luck, I still control your paycheck." (y/n) laughed at Stan's reply. "Now look alive, we're coming up on an attraction run by the most black hearted proprietor in all of Oregon!"