🦄 Ep.15: The Last Mabelcorn 🦄

~~~~~~~~~Your POV~~~~~~~~~

Work had already ended for the day, but just like every day, we didn't wanna head home yet. Instead, the four of us began to look around the shack for something to do, eventually reaching the closet.

Dipper raised an eyebrow. "Alright, Grunkle Stan's gotta have some decent board games."

"Part of me doubts that." I replied.

"Let us see: Battle Chutes and Ladder Ships, Necronomiconopoly, Don't wake Stalin-"

"What about that one?" Leo asked as he pointed at one of the boxes on top, Dipper picking it up and reading the title.

"What Could Go Wrong: The Board Game. The last players who opened this box never made it out alive."

"Now we know what'll kill the next half an hour!" They all nodded in agreement at my statement.

"Family meeting!!! Family meeting!!!" We heard Ford yell from the living room, all of us exchanging a glance of confusion.

Leo looked at the twins. "Should (y/n) and I leave or....?"

"Nonsense, you're both part of this family!!" Mabel grabbed both of our wrists and started dragging us to the living room, Dipper following behind.

"Ah, children. Come in, come in." Ford expression then morphed to something more serious. "Uh, I did say this was a family meeting, yes?"

"Grunkle Ford, these two are part of our family too! If you wish to talk to one of us, you'll have to talk to all of us." Mabel explained with a proud stance, then sat at the table. "Ooh, mysterious scrolls and potions!! Are you going to tell us we're finally of age to go to wizard school?! Is there an owl in this bag?!"

When Mabel tried to open the bag, Ford quickly snatched it away. "No! I can assure you if there's an owl in this bag he's long dead."

Mabel pouted in reply, making Leo pat her head for comfort.

Ford then pulled out an old scroll, unrolling it. "Now tell me, children, do any of you recognize this symbol?"

My skin ran cold at the drawing that was on the scroll, something I had grown far too familiar with during my whole life. And at this point, it wasn't just me.

"Bill..!" Dipper muttered in reply, a glare on his face.

Ford's eyes widened. "You- you guys know him?!?"

"Know him?!? He's been terrorizing us all summer!!!"

"Dipper's been pretty paranoid since Bill turned him into a living sock puppet." I added. "Plus we've fought against him twice now."

Mabel smiled brightly. "Once with kittens and once with tickles!!!"

"It was a lot more heroic than it sounds." Leo explained with a snicker.

But Ford wasn't laughing. "The fact that you've dealt with Bill is gravely serious."

My eyes narrowed as I gave the man a quick scan. "So, how do you know Bill?"

"I've encountered many dark beings in my time, children. What matters is his powers are growing stronger and if he pulls off his plans no one in this family will be safe."