Partners (5)

"Have you ever watched the Imitation Game?" you questioned as you took a sip from your coffee. "A movie with no action and about an old computer, no thank you," Ben replied looking at the computer screen. You simply rolled your eyes, "Well, the genius, who cracked the enigma and who created the first-ever computer decided not to expose all of the secrets right away because he knew the Germans were going to change their system if they figured out that their machine was figured out. Ben, I want these people behind bars as much as you, but they'll eventually find out their information is being handed to authorities," you sighed and set your coffee down on the table.

He twirled around in the seat. It's been two weeks since he started getting a live feed from the microphones. You honestly thought the microphones were going to be dead once Scoprian washed his jacket. To your surprise, you planted the microphone on his favorite leather jacket because you have gotten nonstop conversations. "Our other way to finish this fast is to let Chase know about what happened and potentially get in trouble," you took a long pause, "Or, we feed Tom some information about Raul and Chase about Emmanuel."

Ben stayed pensive. After a minute of staring at the ceiling he looked at you, "Fine, but if we know there's information about civilians getting hurt, we'll tell Chase about it." You smiled contently, "Done deal." You got up, it was time to change your hand bandage again. It still has not healed, but at least there were no open cuts anymore.

***

This was the longest mission where you had to stay at an apartment. You were close to 8 months of being there. It's been months and you were tired of always having to look behind your back every time you got out of the apartment. Ben was a lot more tolerable. You got comfortable with him, too comfortable for your liking. Ben always joked around that you weren't partners anymore, you were just two roommates who were friends and working together.

In all honesty, that's what it was. You two literally shared every minute with each other, every meal, and even downtime. There were nights where you guys would watch a movie waiting for a new lead to come in or for some movement to happen in the cameras. There were even nights you two ended asleep on the couch together. To say you were too comfortable with Ben is an understatement. These thoughts were what actually kept you up sometimes.

It's been a few years since you've seen a guy the way you look at Ben. You also know Ben has changed. Not to mention that he doesn't go out anymore in the middle of the night and come home at the peak of dawn. He's outstandingly more patient now and understanding. Ben used to run on impulsion, now he thinks about his actions and what they could potentially do. This was Chase's main reason he wanted to partner you two up. He had a feeling you were going to be able to have some influence on Ben.

"Penny for your thought?" Ben enquired from across the room. "How about we go to dinner?" you looked up at him. This stunned him. "Did you just hear you correctly? Let's rewind it a bit. What did you say?" Ben dramatically cupped his ear. You laughed at it, "Do. You. Want. To. Go. Have. Dinner?" you mimicked eating something off a plate as you slowly said your sentence.

Ben smiled your way, "I would love to," he kiddingly bowed. You playfully rolled your eyes and got up to start getting ready.

It was a Thursday night, so you knew there was going to be space at a restaurant/bar at 8 pm. It was nothing fancy, so you wore your most comfortable clothes. Instead of sitting at a table, Ben wanted to sit at the bar. Even though you weren't a fan of it, you decided to go anyway. "I'll be right back," you set your back down before taking your seat. Ben just smiled up at you.

You nervously walked to the bathroom. You rinsed both your hands since the injured one was already completely healed, and saw there was a small tremble to them. The reason you asked Ben to go to dinner was that you were going to talk to him about your feelings. It sounds a bit crazy, but you sense there are mutual feelings being involved. You dried off your hand and went back out. Ben had ordered drinks already.