Partners (1)

The room was cold, as always, lighten up with the countless screens located at the end of the small meeting room. A table seated 10 people in expensive suits. Important men and women ready to take notes and attentively listen to what the head director needed to say. 

You took your usual seat and waited for the small chatter to calm down. Beside you was the head director, Chase, looking at his files before standing up and quieting the small voices. "Thank you for coming in such short notice," he began. 

His assistant began handing a file case to all the 10 people around the meeting table. The screen behind him changed to a picture of a map. "After days and hours spent on searching for our main suspect, I believe we finally have a lead. As you may know, we've been following around Christopher Sanders, an American terrorist. He's been connected to violent war crimes around the globe. Such as Paris, Israel, Mexico, the U.K., and at the moment, he's residing in Russia," He walked around the table while the screens changed to different picture as he talked. 

"At the moment, we don't know where Sanders could be located. Our only hint could be our lead," the picture on the screen changed to a bunch of men walking in and out of a convenience store. "These men are part of Sanders next move. We've linked communication they've had within the past month. Sanders location is unknown, but the other location comes from Phoenix, Arizona," a pinpoint in of Phoenix appeared on the screen. 

"We don't know much about these men. All we have is that they're money launders, cartel associates and they traffic lethal weapons. The leader of this group is named Raul Sanchez. It's been hard to find him since disposes all of his men when we start to get a lead on him. The only other person that stays is Emmanuel Rodrigues, his right hand." Headshots of the men were passed out to everyone in that table. "They've been on the very down low and it's hard to track them or keep up with them," Chase stopped walking and stood where everyone could see him.  

"We are gathering a group to collect intel on these men. Two groups of two will be sent out to Arizona to observe and surveil every movement. We want to know who they're meeting with, who they're talking with, what they're doing. We need to know as much information from them to see if they can get us closer to Sanders. I expect no word to come out of this room about this subject. We want to keep it quiet so word does not get out of this building," he took out a couple of papers from his folder and only gave it to certain people. 

"Cassie and Hiddleston, you two are traveling to Arizona to keep an eye on Raul. Cumberbatch and [Y/n], you two are traveling to Arizona to keep an eye on Emmanuel. The rest are staying here, we're keeping all the data fresh and observe Arizona through the street cameras. Remember people, this case is classified for the time being. You're all dismissed," the head director got his belongings and was the first one out. 

You walked over where Benedict Cumberbatch was with Tom Hiddleston. You heard Tom saying he was going to introduce himself to his new partner. Ben saw you right away and extended his arm, "Hello." You kindly smiled at him and gave him a rather firm shake, he wasn't expecting you to be that strong. 

"Hi, nice to finally meet you," you said in a friendly tone. Ben seemed to light up with your comment, "Oh you know about me?" You two began walking out to of the meeting office. "Of course I do, I read your file on how you took down the leader of a small cartel in Miami," you kept it short. "You read that one? There is much better ones out there about me, I promise," he said in a cocky, yet proud tone. Ben stopped in his tracks and faced you, "Have we actually met? Your name sounds very familiar," he quirked his brows. 

"No, I can assure you we haven't. I just transferred from San Diego to Los Angeles," you replied. Ben wasn't believing you, "Are you sure? You haven't traveled to the U.K., or worked out of state, or maybe traveled?" You simply shook your head, "I've been located at the CIA of San Diego since I started and I don't travel unless it's work. My job is mainly to stay behind a screen and talk through a microphone."

"Hm, then I might have just confused you for a model I saw once," Ben smirked. You chuckled at the compliment. You knew he was a flirty bastard because that's what his file said, along with other things such as a rebel to some rules and hard to control. You checked your watch and then looked up to him again, "Well thank you, but you don't have all evening to flirt. Our flight is tomorrow and we need to prepare equipment for the stakeout."

"Wait, what stakeout. Wait, the flight is tomorrow?" he genuinely seemed confused. "You're not much of a reader are you?" you chuckled. "Nope," Ben shook his head. You began walking and lead him to a corridor. "The paper the head director passed to us has all the information, I was reading it while he spoke. We're not going into field ops, we're staying behind the scene and just watching. That's the whole mission here," you lead him to a room full of computer and staff. 

After a few minutes of putting in your order with the people there, you waited back with Ben. "Well shit, I'm not a techy guy. I deal with bad men and bullets," you heard the complaint in his tone. "Well Ben, I work with bad guys too. I see what weapon they carry and I make sure the road is blocked off when they try to get away. Listen, I know you're field ops, but Chase chose us for this mission," you tried to put him in his place. 

"Couldn't he at least given us the Raul? I mean Cassie and Tom are great, but they're not really that great in case an accident happens," he carried on with his complaints. "And this is exactly why we're with Emmanuel, just so you don't fuck up the mission and tick off Raul and Sanders. So please Benedict, stay where you need to stay and don't fuck up like your last two missions," you were getting annoyed so you replied to him a bit harsher. 

"Ouch," Ben playfully said, he actually liked that you were a bit fiesty. After a few seconds of it being quiet he asked, "Have you ever been to Phoenix?" You simply shook your head and responded no. "Oh you'll love the sunsets," he mentioned. 

A minute later, a cart was being pushed out through some doors. You went over to sign some papers and began pushing that cart to Ben. "Let's get packing then," Ben took the cart from you and began exiting the building.