How You Want To (2)

"Shit, shit," Ben stumbled inside his apartment. He had dropped the keys on the floor. The room was pitch black, so when he tried to put the keys on the table near him, he hit his hip on the edge causing him to yelp and make a vase fall on the floor. "Fuck that," Ben left everything and began going to his room.

That's when you got out of your room. Your hair was a mess and your eyes droopy. "Andrew?" you questioned. "Mm not quite," Ben responded. That's when you decided to turn on the hallway light. Ben flinched with the light and tried to avoid eye contact. You slightly chuckled to yourself, "C'mon Ben, I don't look that bad." Ben slowly turned his eyes sight to you.

That's when you noticed his bloodshot eyes. "Oh my god," you tried to get closer to him, but he stopped you. "Ben, you promised you weren't working with Kay," you grabbed onto his arm and pulled his sleeve up. Ben only sighed as you saw the syringe marks on his arm. "Really, heroin?" you scoffed and shook your head, "Please get help."

Ben hid his arm from you. "I'm afraid it's too late. I'm working for him, I'm in debt. I can't go out of it," Ben informed. "Yes you can, I'll help you," you replied back. "I can't ask for you to do that," Ben tried to stop you. He knew Kay wasn't the best person in the world, especially when someone tried to stop his plans. He was a huge drug dealer in the area. If someone fucked up with his merchandise, Kay would make sure everybody knew about it.

"Oh, Ben," you sighed and let go of his arm, "Just go to sleep, we'll talk about this tomorrow." You solemnly entered your room leaving Ben in the hallway.

The following morning Ben was awoken by muffled noises. His head pounded and his stomach churned. When he was able to wake up a little more, he began to make out the words you were saying. "For fucks sake Andrew, he's your best friend," you screamed at him. "I'm telling you, he's only on pot. You were probably hallucinating last night," Andrew yelled back.

"I can't believe I actually give more shits than you do," you grabbed your purse and headed out the door, making sure to slam the door behind you. Andrew sighed. "Man, that bitch is going to drive me mad someday," Andrew talked to himself and headed to the living room.

Ben's fist clenched, not from pain but from anger. It was true that you cared more about him than Andrew even tried to care. It especially pissed him off how Andrew diminished your thoughts and called you a bitch. His fist unformed when he got another pain to his stomach.

To take things off his mind he got up and went to the restroom. Andrew heard him but he didn't say anything to him. Ben lowly scoffed and thought if you were in the living room, you would've at least checked up on him. In the end, Ben didn't give a shit about Andrew and went back to his room.

Going in he kicked one of his empty prescription bottles. Along a bottle of liquor. He glanced at his room, it was a fucking mess. Ben stood still analyzing every paper, clothe, shoe, syringe, towel, powder, pill and bag on the floor. Not only was the room a mess, he was part of it.

He kneeled down to get the prescription bottle and found a few more on the floor. The labels read Xanax and Antidepressants. They were gone, all of them. He grabbed the syringes that were now lethal to use since they've been on the floor for a while. Ben thought of you. He thought of how devastated and disappointed you would be.

Ben grabbed the powdered filled dime bag. It was new, he had just gotten it yesterday. "I think it's time," Ben softly said to himself.

"Fucks sake," Andrew opened Bens door. Ben stood up with the item in his hand. Andrew glanced at the room then at him. "Well shit, she was right," Andrew walked closer to Ben and took the used syringe from him. "You're a tweeker, aren't you?" Andrew asked in amazement.

"I've been thinking about checking myself into rehab. I've been drinking too much. I've been taking heroin, coke, and smoking weed every single day for the past 2 months. The pills that the doctor had prescribed me aren't getting me high like they used to," Ben tried to explain himself but Andrew stopped him.

"Alright mate, I didn't ask about your history. Look, I'm not one to judge. You know if I get invited to snort, then I'm in. Keep doing you and do whatever you want to do, how you want to. Get high how you want to," Andrew spoke up, "I just don't want the bitch of [Y/n] to be in the right, so do me a favor and act like she was hallucinating."

"You asshole," Ben replied. "What, let me have a little control," Andrew scoffed. "Why is she still with a prick like you?" Ben dropped the items to the floor. "So she won't be with a druggy like you," Andrew replied with a smirk. "I know I'm a prick, but she loves the way I treat her. And I know for a fact she'll pick me over you, especially now since she knows you're a tweeker and an addict Benny Boy," Andrew laughed it off and walked out of his room.

"Fuck you Andrew. I'm going to take your girl if I want to, and fuck her like you want to," Ben yelled. "Whatever fucker, you can try but you'll never succeed," Andrew laughed once again and continued watching his show.

***

When you got home, Ben was surprisingly at the apartment. Andrew was gone, like always, and Ben was in his room blasting Alt-J. You softly knocked on his door. He opened it a bit and smiled when he saw you. You faintly did too and asked, "Whatcha doing?" Ben opened the door to show you.

His laundry basket was full with clean clothes, his bed was made and his floor was walkable again. In the corner of his room was a clear bag filled with bottles of liquor and half way filled pills as well as a bag of weed and a bag of a white powder. You could also see the syringes. You began to tear up and hugged Ben.

"I'm not gonna lie, I snorted a while ago, but that's because I started to have withdrawal symptoms. I'm going to try and stop, pay my debt and become clean again," Ben confessed. You let a huge sigh, "I'm so glad you decided that. I already took initiative."

Ben quirked his brows, "What do you mean?" You let go of him and sat on his bed, "Kay owed me a huge favor, we're cousins." Ben's jaw dropped, "You're telling me that the sweetest girl I know is the cousin of one of the most dangerous drug lords in the area?" You nodded your head. Ben took a seat next to you and faced you, "Oh please do tell me how he owes you a favor."

You chuckled, "It's really not that huge of a deal, but I saved his reputation." Ben chuckled. "You know Kay. I hate him with a passion because he's such a prick and ruthlessly kills, but he's unable to hurt a woman. So when he was earning his name and reputation, he had a crazy ex. She was coming after him and picking fights with him. So one day when we were together, the crazy ex bumped into us. She began making a fuss and calling Kay names. So what I did was beat the living daylights out of her, and she never messed with him again. Since then, even though I hate him and it's a mutual feeling, he respects me and knows he owes me a favor," you explained.

Ben lowered his head and felt ashamed. "I've asked him for the favor and let you walk. No debt, no more working for him. You're free," you gave the news to Ben. He was still in the same position, this time he was silently crying. "I feel like an asshole for using your only favor from him," Ben finally spoke up. "Don't feel like that. I wanted to help you, I care for you. Of course I'm going to do whatever is in my power. You just have to promise me that you'll try to stay out of it for good," you hugged him. Ben nodded his head, "Thank you [Y/n], I promise I'm going to get through this."

You kissed his cheek, "That's the spirit." A second later you heard the front door open. You let go of Ben and whispered to him, "Talking about assholes.." Ben slightly chuckled. Andrew made his way to the room to see Ben's room completely different and you sitting next to him. He quirked his brows.

"You're home early," you spoke up. "Yeah, thought it'd be nice to take you out for dinner," Andrew only kept a lowkey glare at Ben. "Alright," you got up and walked towards him, but then you turned around and asked Ben if he wanted to join. Him and Andrew were staring at each other, but Andrew was staring at Ben with menacing eyes.

"I'm good," Ben looked at you and replied with a smile, "I've still got a few things to clean and some research to do." You smiled at him. Ben's never seen that smile on you before. He was glad he was able to see that before you and Andrew left for your dinner.