Insane (10)

For the next couple of weeks, Ben figured out that Zach was not just a friend. He would see both of you walking in and out of your trailer, talking outside your tent, and from time to time sharing a goodbye kiss. He had nothing to say about it. Him and his girlfriend were still together.

Unwilling, he learned how to book his appointments on the website you had created. Ben hadn't booked anything yet because he was cautious about going back to see you. You were too busy to care if he came in for a massage or not.

"Yeah, I see what you mean. His bicep tendon seemed to be a little inflamed, but nothing too severe. Some anti inflammatory pills and a good rest should fix it up. I didn't really work much on the left arm just in case it swells up a little more after tonight," you explained to Zendaya. Her and Tom had come to you after Tom's grip loosened during a stunt.

A few minutes later, Tom came out all dressed up again. He thanked you for the massage and diagnosis and they both headed their way. You went back inside to change the sheets for your next person. After you were done, you saw Ben enter the tent. You looked down to the calendar and saw he finally booked an appointment.

"I guess you learned how to use the internet," you jokingly said. He smiled, "Old dogs can learn new tricks after all." You liked talking to this Ben, not the confrontational kind. "You know you're not that old," you smiled back at him.

Ben began taking off his shirt. "Woah, let me get out first," you left the tent before you could say anything. A minute later, you re entered the tent. You made sure to turn on your sign and lock the tent from the inside. "I don't think it's necessary for you to step out," Ben said as he was faced down on the massage table.

"Well I do. I know you take everything off. I also want to respect your relationship and mine. We can keep everything in the past to ourselves. Right now we should be professional," you stated as you started your routine.

For an hour he didn't say anything. After you were done, you left the tent. He wasn't coming out so you carefully peaked your head in and saw he was sitting on the couch. You entered and sat next to him.

"I'm sorry," he said not looking at you, "I should've done a better effort at keeping in touch with you." You sighed and put your hand on his, "Look Ben, I was the one that decided to not be in a relationship at that time. And to be completely honest, it was the best decision I made. I didn't have to worry about a long distance relationship, or worry if I'm being too annoying. All I focused on was myself, and that's exactly what I needed."

"There's nothing you should be apologizing for. You didn't do anything wrong. What we had in the past was beautiful and amazing, but we're here now in the present. Just because we didn't work out as a couple doesn't mean we can't be friends. I truly enjoyed every single conversation I had with you. I kept notes of new books I thought you'd like, news conversations that I think you'd say are fascinating. We have a lot in common. We don't have to be together to still talk with each other," you leaned into him a bit.

He had finally looked up at you. Ben was more terrified of losing all contact with you than anything. Of course a relationship is out of the question at the moment, but a friend is still very possible. "So your boyfriend wouldn't mind if we went to go get coffee or lunch?" Ben asked.

You smiled, "Zach isn't the jealous type. Plus, I make the decisions on what friendships I want to have, not him." Ben got up, you did as well. He embraced you in a firm hug, just like he did the last time you hugged him. "We'll keep in touch then," Ben said as he departed. You simply smiled at him.

"Oh, just so you know, you still have to book through the website," you jokingly mentioned. Ben let out one of his loud laughs before he exited the tent.

**

"You couldn't have finished it already," you said as you took a sip of your coffee. "Alex dies in a very anticlimactic way," he responded. "I forgot you read freakishly fast," you replied, "Plus it might be a little anticlimactic, but it's a good ending." Ben scrunched up his nose, he disagreed.

You knew there was going to be a good talk if you recommended this book to him. For a moment you guys focused your conversation on the plot and the ending of the book. Being with him felt normal, and not tense. It's been a week since you two talked in your tent. He's been very respectful and only sending you messages to see if you could get coffee and to get your book recommendations. Today was the first day you two were able to meet.

"Ok, fine you changed my mind. Not the most boring ending out there," he smiled your way. "Whatever," you laughed. You looked down to your watch and saw it was almost time for your next appointment. You grabbed your cup of coffee and got up. You said your goodbyes with him before heading out.

*

Your time with Ben was spent talking about news and critiquing books together. He had given you "The Power of the Dog" to read. Ben didn't give you any context, he just gave it to you and said, 'Read this and tell me what you think.' You called him late at night crying once you finished the book.

A couple more weeks had passed. A lot more actors had come and gone by now. Since Ben was a well trusted actor for Kevin, he asked him to stay back and produce a few scenes for him. Two and a half months had passed since filming started, you were almost half way done.

You also noticed Zach was a little on end. You weren't sure if it was because of everything that was going on at the set, or if it was because you were friends with Ben. He didn't know about your past with him.

"I don't see why you can make time for him, but not for me," he commented one night laying next to you. "What do you mean?" You quirked your eyebrows. "Yeah, you make time to go have lunch or coffee with him, but when I ask you, you're busy," he leaned up on his arm to look at you.

"No, when you ask me, I'm in the middle of a massage 98% of the time. The other 2% is when I'm about to start an appointment. Our schedules are very different and they don't line up. Sometimes you're going to sleep at 6am and I'm waking up at that time. I have 15 minute sit downs with him to discuss interests that we both like. You don't like reading as much as I do. He's a friend that likes to. I don't see the problem in that," you sternly told him.

You kept him quiet for a few seconds before he laid back down. He wasn't the 'jealous type' according to him. Zach is starting to prove you and himself wrong.