3.) To Talk to a Dad

It was awkward silence in the hokage's office. The office was now spacious as the whole building was renovated, the room had been expanded, and the faces of the hokages had been carved onto the walls.

"I want to put you in a personal mission, Saruto." Konohamaru says. Konohamaru was an older shinobi around fifty years old. He was the grandson of the third hokage and a student of the seventh. He was talented and led one of the most legendary genin groups in history. When the village was attacked by Kara and Otsutsuki four years before the ninth hokage's disappearance, Konohamaru was injured. The injury wasn't very serious but Konohamaru decided that his decade reign on the chair was enough and stepped down, giving the position to village hero Sarada Uchiha.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" Saruto looks down and says through gritted teeth. Konohamaru ignores the question and ruffles papers around, looking for written details of the mission he was to give his student's child.

"It will be on mount Myoboku. I think it'll be good for your development as a shinobi."

"Are you ever going to tell me who my parents were?" Saruto digs on the subject again. Konohamaru stares at the boy with sadness but keeps quiet. "Are you waiting for me to find out for myself? Also, why did you have to lie to me every time? You lied saying that the sharingan was a random shinobi eye power when it's specific to the Uchiha clan. You lied."

"And what did you think I was going to do? Tell you that your parents are never coming back and you think that will make it better? I'm the only family you have left. You have no blood relatives left. I'm taking care of you like I'm your father." Konohamaru raises his voice at the boy.

"Well you're not!" Saruto yells.

"I'm putting you on shinobi house arrest, Saruto. You're not emotionally stable enough to go on missions quite yet." Konohamaru softly says.

"Boruto Uzumaki and Sarada Uchiha." Saruto murmurs under his breath. Konohamaru perks up at this and Saruto smiles inside. He got his answer.

"How did you kn-" Saruto interrupts and turns to leave.

"It took one word for me to realize it all."

"Wait!" Konohamaru, in a flash, runs up and grabs the boy's shoulder. Saruto only looked up at the man and activated his sharingan, forcing Konohamaru to flinch his hand off. Three... Three tomoes.

———

The Konoha official building was quiet. Saruto's footsteps echo down the long halls. He thought about his childhood. The rough nights when he had nightmares and when he starved due to no food and money; it was hard.

Once outside, Saruto deactivated his Sharingan and activates his Byakagan. He didn't like to be followed. His house wasn't an official place of residency so it's not like Konohamaru could force the child home when he didn't even know where he lived.

Saruto ignored orders all the time and this was no exception because this the right time to act upon his plans.

"It'll soon be near to talk to my real dad, Lord Eighth."

———

"He's like his grandfather." Kakashi says smugly. "He's beyond intelligent but he's just unfortunate, I suppose."

"Kakashi Sensei, how did you know I wanted him here? Also aren't you like 70 now?" Konohamaru questions the old man. Kakashi punches him hard.

"Shinobi age well you brat."

"I'm just worried, Kakashi Sensei," Konohamaru pauses to sigh. "What if he wants to leave the village to find out what happened to them?"

"Remember, Konohamaru, he's not only the grandchild of Sasuke but the grandchild of the fourth hokage's orphan son. If everything ends in the best, he'll be more Naruto than Sasuke. However, I understand your worries. The sharingan is a tricky kekkei genkai."

"It'll make him see things." Konohamaru concludes.