35.) Three Young Spies

Saruto's bodyguards had rotated and in came his parents instead. It was midnight and Saruto fell asleep in the corner table facing the window. A buzzing light illuminated his area of four books opened in different pages, overlapping each other on the table. Of the texts he laid the side of he head on, his skin made contact to an open scroll.

Sarada looked at her son, tired after a full nights work also and Boruto grabs the boy. They kept as quiet as they could but it looks like nothing can wake the boy who hadn't slept a healthy long night of sleep since before the fifth great ninja war.

Writings on the text of the scroll stuck to Saruto's cheek and Sarada covers her laughter. Boruto notices, too, but only smiled widely.

Together, the couple walked their teenage son home but was interrupted by a loud snoring. Sarada checked to see who it was and if they were a danger but what was behind the bushes near the entrance of the library made Sarada laugh.

Sarada covered her laughter and pulls out her phone to call the parents and guardians of three young sleeping spies: Jisedai Senju, Taichi Yuino and Yuna Madoka.

Sarada stayed behind to watch the son of Mirai Sarutobi, the son of Iwabee Yuino, and the daughter of Tento Madoka while Boruto carried his son on his back to go home.

Since the couple's disappearance, the Uzumaki household had been deserted but kept intact by the village. Many of the furniture and belongings in the house had been shifted and removed including a bunch of old videogames from Boruto's childhood.

Boruto had placed the sleeping boy on his back on the bed in his former room. He smiled at his son. For a boy who's so serious and emotionless like his mentor, he slept like his grandfather who in his own words, "slept comfortably gross." Drool and all, Saruto was knocked out cold so Boruto takes a towel to wipe the scroll's ink off the boy's face.

While wiping it off, he takes a closer look. It was backwards but Boruto could still read it perfectly fine. It was a sealing jutsu made by the Uzumaki clan and was used by the great sannin, Jiraiya.

Then Boruto remembers. When he was a child, Urashiki Otsutsuki had activated Karasuki, the time traveling turtle. Boruto and his mentor, Sasuke, had been sent back in time to when his own father was a child. Urashiki had tried to steal the nine-tails chakra but failed due to a seal. After seeing what the seal had done, Jiraiya had put a seal on Sasuke and it worked; Urashiki failed to obtain Sasuke's chakra.

That's it! Boruto turns off the light and closes the door to his son's new bedroom. He goes to his father's old office—now his—and contacts the main Hokage office where he tells the eighth Hokage what he discovered to protect his son's chakra.

———

Saruto was used to being alone but since his parents came back, he seemed awfully desperate for their attention. The pair were always so busy and Saruto understood that so when he woke up the next morning in his bedroom with a note from his parents on the barely familiar kitchen counter, he didn't mind much.

He prepared himself for the day and was planning to train near an old training ground with a waterfall. He wanted to learn a sealing jutsu he learned from a scroll in the public library. It was a simple but effective seal.

Saruto took his time to the training grounds and attempted so hard to dismiss his bodyguards. The training grounds used to be a private place of training for the seventh Hokage. Rumors spread that apparently the whole cliff and waterfall was created by one of his mentors. It was where he learned a very strong wind jutsu rasengan that took out an Akatsuki member.

Out of the city limits, there were a lot of trees and bushes. Right before he crosses the bridge to the local training grounds, he stops.

"Come out. I know you've been following me since yesterday." He says. Out of the bushes to his right, Jisedai, Taichi, and Yuna pop out sheepishly.

"Sorry Saruto," Apologizes Yuna who wipes dirt off of her skirt.

"Why are you following me?" Saruto asks with a demanding tone. He then narrowed his eyes. "You kids were in the younger groups at the academy, right?"

"Yes!" Taichi's eyes sparked. "Brother Saruto, you're a legend!" Saruto calmed down and softened up.

"Can you help us with something important?" Jisedai asks desperately, obviously speaking for the group.

"What is it?" Saruto pushes.

"We want to fight for the next war. We're too young and apparently lack too much experience. Since you're so smart and powerful and that you participated in the pending fifth great ninja war, we were wondering if you can train us?" Yuna says, digging her toe into ground. The three look nervously at each other and suspected a big fat turn down by the strongest shinobi of all land.

"Sure."