30.) What Fueled His Anger

"...what made you so angry?" Itachi asks.

"I remember. Black zetsu had told me in the Kara base after Code had put a genjutsu on me about how I'm the last of the Uzumaki, Uchiha and Hyuga clans. He told me their history and how their extinctions would've been prevented if only Konoha helped them. I just suddenly turned and felt the need for revenge... even now- just a little." Saruto explains. Everyone else looks at each other.

"Saruto, I think you got things wrong... I don't know how black zetsu explained things but for the Uzumaki and Uchiha clans, Konoha did what they did for a purpose. I killed my own clans with my parents with the exception of your grandfather for the good of Konoha. They were planning a coup e'tat and it was going to start a war. For the sake of innocent in Konoha and beyond, the Konoha elders had to do what they did." Itachi says. The past hokages enter the tent. The third Hokage in particular steps up near Saruto.

"It was my decision to eliminate the Uchiha clan and ruin Itachi's life. I couldn't risk it. If you want to take out any anger, it should be to me." He says.

"And me," the fourth hokage says.

"And me too," Kakashi says. "I was Itachi's supervisor in ANBU."

"No... I don't know what anger I expressed in the battlefield but it's not going to happen again." Saruto utters. "I apologize for whatever happened out there, genjutsu or not. I'm sorry."

———

"Isshiki, pleasure to be at your service once again." Code passes a tiny cup of medicine to the being. Isshiki takes it and drinks it all down.

"What did you do, Code? Chakra is everywhere and it's slowly disappearing into the air. Did you instigate a war?" Isshiki questions. Code nods.

"I figured those shinobis' chakra wouldn't be worth the risk of our plans." Isshiki backhands the almost human man and throws the tiny cup at his head. Code's daughter picks her father up from the floor and looks at Isshiki with frightened eyes.

"You idiot! We need as much chakra as we can collect!"

"Calm down, Isshiki. You have me as your sacrifice. All we need to do now is to set up the plan and wait for chakra to rebuild." Momoshiki advises.

"No, Momoshiki. I have a plan but it's going to mess with Otsutsuki rules. It's going to be big." Isshiki claims. Momoshiki raised his eyebrow at this but he was desperate to get the chakra and return to Otsutsuki base.

"What are you thinking?"

"Karasuki." Isshiki says, confusing Momoshiki further.

"Forgive me but I don't understand."

"We're going to need a lot of chakra to pull this off but you'll soon understand." Isshiki says smiling maliciously.