29.) Quick Family Reunion

🌟 midway point!!! 🌟

"Thank you," Saruto says as the medical ninja put soup and some bread on the table next to his bed. Before he can grab it, the medical ninja grabs the boy's wrist. Minato who was in the corner of the room just watched and stared at the two teammates. Saruto looks up to see who it is. "Minakami."

"Saruto." She looks at him sympathetically. "He sacrificed himself. You didn't hit him intentionally." Saruto laughs sarcastically in sadness over this.

"Doesn't change the fact that he's dead, Minakami. I'm the reason why I'm never going to see him again."

"But he's not-"

"Minakami, let's go!" Mitsuki says, ordering the girl out of the one room tent. Minakami gave a look of apology to the boy on the bed and left with her tray.

When she leaves, Boruto, Sarada, Sasuke, Naruto, Itachi and Neji enters.

"Did you finish him?" Saruto asks impatiently.

"No. Momoshiki managed to escape this one quick but I was too slow to see where he had gone." Boruto says.

"Saruto, did you happen to see another Otsutsuki member when you were meeting with Code and black zetsu?" Naruto asks.

"No but after Code put me in a genjutsu, my sharingan never stopped. I was in the Kara base for a few days, studying the sharingan. My sharingan was activated completely until I took down the wall to come here." Saruto explains.

"So you sensed someone, then? Sharingan can sense someone's chakra, too." Sasuke adds.

"My sharingan isn't as strong as my Byakagan when detecting but I noticed a very weak chakra different from Code, the girl and black zetsu."

"Byakagan?!" Neji says, surprised.

"I can only activate it one at a time but yes, I have both."

"How is that possible? It's never been heard of before." Itachi questions the rare feature. Kawaki enters the tent.

"Boruto, Lord seventh." Kawaki put out his left hand. "I can feel him. Isshiki Otsutsuki is still alive and he's slowly rebuilding chakra." Kawaki's hand shows an outline of red designs leading up to the palm of his hand where a diamond outlines.

"Karma," Boruto buts his hand next to Kawaki's and his gave the same response but in blue outlines. Saruto watched the karma act up in amazement and then he furrows his eyes brows when he realizes something.

"Where were you two? It's like you haven't aged a year..." Saruto looks at his parents.

"I think we were stuck in limbo. Would you believe me if I said you were only a baby less than one hour before we went through the portal to chase Momoshiki?" Sarada laughs as he ruffled her boy's hair. Saruto frowns and knocks his mother's hand out of his hair.

"Sorry we weren't there for most of your life, Saruto." Boruto says. "How old are you now?"

"Fourteen." He says. Itachi shuffled his feet.

"Hold on, if your views were turned to darkness due to the genjutsu, what made you so angry?" Itachi asks. Saruto's eyes darken as he looked down and fidgeted with his fingers in nervousness.