21.) The Days it Took

"Commander Rai, to your left!!" Rai turned but the puppet and a white zetsu had stabbed him through the heart. A panicked shinobi stabbed the white Zetsu but only managed to dodge the puppet's knife arms. Before he could try anything else, he seals the puppet with a sealing jutsu and contacts HQ through mindlink.

"Commander Rai is dead!" Inojin announces throughout HQ. The kages sigh in defeat.

"We need to go out there, right now!" Konohamaru says in a panicked voice.

"I agree." The tsuchikage says.

"Actually, I have a better idea. We've lost three out of five of our commanders and eighty percent of our shinobi. They still have a lot of puppets and white zetsu left. If we go to the battle field, we'll die with no questions asked. We need to bring out that plan. Risking our own lives meaning risking our whole villages. We can't be that selfish." The mizukage suggests.

"What do you mean?" Naruto asks. "What plan?" The kages look at each other and nod. The Raikage runs to find Orochimaru.

"Our very back up plan. We're going to revive all kages and shinobis with great skill out on the battlefield. We collected the necessary DNA and materials to reanimate those we need." The mizukage informs the seventh Hokage.

"The thing is, since the original reanimation required a living human and orochimaru made this nonliving substitute, the reanimations won't be the strongest they were when alive. The war isn't looking good for us." Shikamaru explains with a sigh.

"We should do it!" Naruto says enthusiastically. "My father was so happy to help his village when he was reanimated on the right side." The kages, Naruto and Shikamaru all nod to each other as Orochimaru walks into the main HQ room.

"Are we ready?" Everyone nods and Orochimaru claps his hands together, making boxes arise from the ground. Orochimaru had already pre-prepared many shinobis and stuffed them in pine boxes. What he was doing now was awakening them.

"Wait... where are the Kages?" The Tsuchikage asks.

"I'm glad you asked. I'm going to collect white zetsu on the battlefield for the kages. In the last war, I used white zetsus as a substitute for humans to reanimate the Hokage's. They were much stronger than any human would perform under the reanimation jutsu so we'll have to hold off on those. I'll leave you to explain things to your new army while I'll do what I said."

Naruto, Shikamaru, and the rest of the kages left Orochimaru leave and turn to the crowd of reanimated shinobi, many of those were known to the kages in front of them.

The following shinobi were reanimated: the Akatsuki members, Uchiha members, seven shinobi of the mist, Jinchurikis, people in the Intelligent forces in the fourth Great ninja war including Ao, quite a few of Orochimaru's past experiments, important Hyuga clan members, important Uzumaki members and a few single important shinobi from every village like the white fang of the leaf and Jiraiya.

"Hello everybody, we have a lot of things to do so let's do this!" Naruto says to the crowd.