20.) And So it Begins...

Saruto startles awake. What is this intense chakra? There has to be hundreds of human chakra and thousands more but with a different energy that isn't human. Kurama mind links Saruto from his body in the Uzumaki clan ruins.

Kid. I think you should know. There's war happening right now.

That explains the intense chakra. Saruto mind links back.

The otsutsuki and Kara groups declared war on the 5 Great Nations.

Ok...

Don't get involved.

Yes sir.

Before I go, where are you kid?

Saruto didn't answer this directly and just turned away. No where you'd want me to be right now, sir Kurama.

Saruto jumps out of bed and straps his weapons all over his body, preparing for another day of training, no doubt.

"Zetsu, where is Code?" Saruto walks into the dining area to find Black Zetsu doing absolutely nothing.

"He's busy. Is there something you wanted? Are you done with the list?" Zetsu says, totally missing the topic.

"I only perfected Susano'o, Amaterasu, Kumui, and the sixty-eight gentle fist. Izanami and achieving Rinnegan is almost impossible."

"Oh I know." Zetsu laughs. "Madara got his just before he died of old age. Izanami is rarely used and won't be needed for this upcoming mission." Saruto's eyes darken.

"Do you think everything is funny?" Saruto says deeply.

"Well I've been around for almost a millennia, child. Don't you dare disrespect me." Saruto pulls out a kunai and stabs it in black zetsu's chest and pulls it down, slicing Zetsu open and killing him. What surprised him is that the outer form of black Zetsu was replaced by a white figure with almost the same form but with hair and an actual mouth.

White Zetsu. They're using white zetsus for war.

Saruto turns to a wall. He knew the only way out was through Code's time space teleportation jutsu so he focused all his chakra on his hand and crushed the wall down.

I'm coming back to take revenge on my clans. They're in their most vulnerable state and I'm not waiting for some low-life criminals telling me what to do.

With that, Saruto followed the chakra he sensed which took a few days.

———

Code sat above a tall slim rock and over watched his automatic puppets and white Zetsus who fought the allied shinobi forces. Code lied saying that the Otsutsuki was his boss but in real life, Isshiki was taking years to recover, Momoshiki was still missing and Kaguya was still sealed.

This war was to completely clear the villages of any shinobi. Even though shinobis were ones with the most chakra, they jeopardized the plan too much so he decided it was not worth the risk.

His plan wasn't to make another infinite tsukuyomi like he promised over the war, however. He didn't have the materials for it. In fact, he still hadn't had a clue as to how to control the ten tails that Jigen had told Code to keep. He had a lot of doubts but the five villages pushed for peace and he had no ground to back down.

The first group to come from headquarters is those in the long-distance division: the Fourth division led by the Mizukage's son. Code didn't need to control his puppets so he stood and watched.

"And so it begins..." He says with a smile.